Ohio-Cleveland

church ceremony site

My fiance and I are looking for protestant church ceremony sites in the Akron/CLE area.  Any advice/suggestions? 

Re: church ceremony site

• jodilynn22jodilynn22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Avon Lake United Church of Christ.  It's on the far west side of Cleveland.  Female minister!

http://www.thealucc.org/
  • cibber93cibber93 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lakewood United Methodist Church in Lakewood, OH - about 15 minutes from downtown.  I can not say enough about Pastor Laura.  She was amazing.  We liked her so much, that we have been attending church on a regular basis, which for us, is something new.  She really took her time to get to know us, and I was pleasantly surprised at the number of people who later commented to me how beautiful the ceremony was.  She was very accommodating with a few of our non-traditional ideas (although they were within reason - nothing too out of the ordinary).  To top it off, the church is beautiful!  My only negative feedback is in regard to the organist.  He is EXTREMELY difficult to work with, would not agree to play one of my very traditional requests (I won't even go into the drama that ensued when I dared to make an non-traditional request), and was, in my opinion, completely unprofessional.  I didn't have to deal with him day-of though, and he ultimately did his job perfectly well, so I don't have any complaints there.  He also did agree to a key change for my soloist at the last minute, so I appreciated that.  In the end, we felt so comfortable with Pastor Laura and the church that I just had to keep the drama with the organist in perspective and get over it. Our ceremony was exactly as I hoped.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards