Hawaii

STD Question.

Hey ladies,

I have a STD etiquette question. There is a good chunk of my husband’s family that we KNOW will not be able to attended our destination wedding. My question is do we send them all save the date cards? I want them to know that if they can make it we would love to have them! Yet, he comes from a divided family and I don’t want them to think we only sent the STD cards to his mom side.

I just don’t want to piss anyone off.

Thanks!

(I need to work on getting a siggy!)

Re: STD Question.

• edited December 2011
    Can't hurt to send one... who knows, some may surprise you and be able to come!
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should send STD's to anyone you want!  I sent a bunch to people I knew wouldn't be able to come and they all loved receiving them and made comments.  It's nice to make people feel included even if they can't be.... 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree send them STD to show that you would like them to come if things change.  That way they know that you're still thinking of them. 
  • edited December 2011
    we did STD for just the AHR everyone coming to maui is really close family. When we choose Maui we let all of our extended family know they were more than welcome to join us but when we returned we would have a party. So we are did the STD for the AHR and our invites will be for that as well. We did send them to all extended family even if we knew they wouldnt make it, we wanted them to feel like they were apart of our big day and celebration, not left out. :)
  • breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_std-question-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:8dca559b-abd1-4992-b5cd-4c03944d4138Post:91dd0c62-187f-47ff-b421-9f249ce5fae4">Re: STD Question.</a>:
    [QUOTE]we did STD for just the AHR everyone coming to maui is really close family. When we choose Maui we let all of our extended family know they were more than welcome to join us but when we returned we would have a party. So we are did the STD for the AHR and our invites will be for that as well. We did send them to all extended family even if we knew they wouldnt make it, we wanted them to feel like they were apart of our big day and celebration, not left out. :)
    Posted by ShantinaMarie[/QUOTE]
     Exactly this!
  • TripleAubsTripleAubs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes, absolutely. you are still going to send them an invitation too, right? everyone on the initial guest list should get an STD and invite, regardless of whether they say they can come or not. they might surprise you/change their mind!

a+k

Photobucket

• AirmanLoveAirmanLove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies,

I'm going to send them to everyone. My hubs thought that might be throwing it into some peoples face but I think they will like to know they will be included.

Thanks for the advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards