Attire & Accessories Forum

Which do you think is better... Spanx vs Corsette

Well I got the new spanx that come up higher....I want to feel comfortable but I still don't know if it's giving me the look I want....I'm afraid my strapless bra is going to show but the seamstress said she would put a lingerie hook inside my dress....

Although its probably more uncomforatble I wonder if I would get a smoother better look using a corsette with the built in bra....I'm not sure the spanx is sucking everything in haha....I wonder tho if a corsette is uncomfortable for a 9 hour deal????

What do you think?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Which do you think is better... Spanx vs Corsette

• i still have not purchased my dress yet just one day of shopping but have you tried on ur dress with both?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you haven't worn a corset all day before I would suggest doing so before the wedding and testing it out. Even if you're going to wear it, i would suggest "breaking it in" or doing a "build up" in the days leading up to the wedding so that you're used to wearing it for long periods of time beforehand =)
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • No matter what you choose im sure you look beautiful in your dress. And the only thing I would suggest is that for either if you are not used to wearing them wear it a couple of times before the wedding. Not only to break them in and get your body used to wearing them, but especially with the corset is your going to need to learn and get used to how to sit, how it affects your walk. Things like that do take time especially if you go with a steel boned corset.
  • Try a long line bra. It gives a smooth line but sucks in like a corset and has the bra built into it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks so much ladies for the tips....well I've got 3 different versions of spanx...i'm not a fan of the $50 strapless bra I bought -- so I'm off to the lingerie store tomorrow to check out the corsets and long line bras.

Thanks so much...I'll let you know how it pans out....i think its a good idea to test them out a few days before....that's what I'll be doing withh my shoes.  wow what a visual i'll be .....walking around with a long line bra and my wedding shoes! hahahaha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards