Texas-Houston
Options

Petroleum Club

Hello! Just recently had my wedding, and now I'm helping my cousin plan hers for next year.

She's having the reception at the Petroleum Club, but she is having problems with the ceremony. She wants to have the ceremony there, but there is a new stipulation that they would have to be out of the Discovery Room by 4:00 pm because of nightly dinners there. The timing just doesn't work out with the reception.

She has been trying to work with them on using part of the Petroleum room for the ceremony and then "flipping" it during cocktail hour for the reception. We've seen it done at other places, but they seem reluctant to do it. I was wondering if any of you ladies knew of someone who has done the room flipping at the Petroleum. Or, if anyone else has any other ideas, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

We got married 11/3/12!!

Re: Petroleum Club

• Options
    I'm having our reception at the Petroleum club and was told flipping of the room was not an option. Mainly because they want everything set up and in place on time. If having the ceremony somewhere else is ok tell her to try the chapel on U of H campus. It's so pretty and reasonable.
  • Options
    thanks! Will let her know

We got married 11/3/12!!

• Options
    If she isn't opposed to an outdoor ceremony, there are places to do it downtown, like Discovery Green (very pretty).

the UH chapel is very nice too!

Also, I know some people have had weddings in which people sit at the round tables during the ceremony.  That way, it requires very little flipping at all.  They just make a little aisle between the table set-up.

Your cousin may not like that, but I'm just throwing it out there because I have heard of it.

SaveSave
  • Options
    I'm getting married at the UH Chapel (AD Bruce, PM me if you want info) and I wanted to have our reception at PC. 

Discovery Green is also a great option!

Also, First United Methodist Church Houston is right across the street. I grew up in that church and they're going under some renovations now, but I think they'll be complete by the time your sister has her wedding. You can look them up at fmhouston.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    How much are you paying pp? Do they have a min?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards