Gay Weddings

Lesbian Destination Wedding...HELP!

My partner and I currently live in Atlanta. We have a small budget due to my medical bills I have always dreamed of getting married on the beach. With that being said we decided on a destination wedding so we could have the location and the honeymoon at the same time. We just can't decide on a location that is gay friendly and doesn't require passports. We don't want our 10 or so guests shelling out more cash on a passport. Any ideas on great locations that have a "Jamaica feel" without the harrassment lol?

Re: Lesbian Destination Wedding...HELP!

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Have you considered the US Virgin Islands?  Since they are part of the US, they don't require passports.  Here's a review:

The U.S. Virgin Islands -- St. Croix, in particular -- has become a mecca for gay travelers, many of whom wind up at the welcoming Sand Castle on the Beach Resort in Fredericksted. Gay travelers can expect a friendly and tolerant attitude throughout the U.S.V.I., and if public displays of affection are not exactly embraced, the reaction is not likely to be more than a second glance.

Puerto Rico is another alternative that does not require a passport, although of course there is more of a language issue there.
  • edited May 2012
    Thanks for the awesome tips! I'm gonna research further and have my partner help decide. Hopefully we find something we like.
  • If you are looking for something in the continental United States, try Rehoboth Beach in Delaware.  The are extremely Gay friendly and the beach is beautiful and this area is cost effective.  Just a thought :)
  • You could get married in NC. I live here and all our beaches are pretty gay-friendly. I have a lot of contacts for NC and Myrtle Beach SC. Just let me know if you need some help.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Massachsetts is gay friendly and allows gay marriage for out-of-staters. We're doing a destination wedding in Mass next year since our state does not recognize gay marriage.  Provincetown and Cape Cod are just a few of the beach areas that are beautiful and gay-friendly
  • We are getting married in DC by the Patomac river. They have cabins over there and is extremely gay friendly and also gay owned. You may want to try that. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards