Arizona-Phoenix

Seamstress in Phoenix

Hi everyone. Well I'm not having my wedding in Phoenix, but I do live here. So alot of my planning is being done here. 

I was wondering if anyone knew of any shops or persons who can make custom dresses. I can't find the right dress, I ended up photoshopping the top of one dress and the bottom of another and was hoping to find someone around Phoenix or even Tucson to get my dress made. Any help..Embarassed

Re: Seamstress in Phoenix

• edited December 2011

Scylvia Danese of Danese Creations on 40th St. and Indian School in PHX is fabulous.  She's so sweet to work with, her execution is beautiful and she really listens to what you want.  It's with good reason that she's been voted "best custom design" by several local bridal magazines.  She's taking my grandmother's wedding dress and updating and customizing it to fit my personal style.  I'm so excited!  I get a "something old" and "something new" in one Wink.  Good luck!

• SunDvlBrideSunDvlBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Carolyn's Alterations.  Carolyn is the owner, and is so nice.  I get all my alterations there and plan on having her do my dress.  Last time I was in there she was working on a dress she started from scratch for a bride who wanted a replica of Christina Aguilara's dress.  So funny.  Anyway she's at Bell Rd. off the 17.  Her number is 602-942-2422.  And she's very reasonable, if that's what you're looking for.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011

I recommend Janet Kirkman.  She is so easy to work with and her prices are very reasonable. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • JesskwarrenJesskwarren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Janet Kirkman. I just picked up my dress today and I had to have some last minute redesigning done on it and it was amazing. I was not happy about having to have the work done but now after seeing it today, I like even more than I originally did.
    Alterations in general are expensive but her prices are very reasonable.
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had Janet redesign my dress shape.  She did fantastic work!  I am not sure if she designs wedding dresses from fabric, but she is very gifted at redesigning dresses.

Good luck!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards