New Jersey
Options

Doolans Shore Club, Spring Lake Heights

I went to a bridal reception today.  It was a great experience...even had the pleasure of meeting Susan, the owner, who was VERY helpful and answered all my questions.  Their prices are right, food was tasty, place was beautifully done.  All those that looked at this place and said their guest rooms were outdated - you will be happy to know Susan already renovated 30 rooms and and will have the next 20 done within the next few weeks. 

I will be having my wedding there next year.  I look forward to working with Susan and having the time of our life at Doolans Shore Club. 

Re: Doolans Shore Club, Spring Lake Heights

• Options
    DH & I stay at Doolans every summer when we go to a nearby family reunion.  Susan is a delight & the food isn't bad.  The public rooms are in better shape than the guest rooms but they improve every year.  We think the place is a good value for the money but people have to understand it's not a brand new 5 star property but it doesn't come with those prices either.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_doolans-shore-club-spring-lake-heights-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:53fa8092-6ee7-40f5-b009-06f17ef08176Post:11c9bcf4-c0d7-4a68-85bc-cca9df5035fc">Re: Doolans Shore Club, Spring Lake Heights</a>:
    [QUOTE]DH & I stay at Doolans every summer when we go to a nearby family reunion.  Susan is a delight & the food isn't bad.  The public rooms are in better shape than the guest rooms but they improve every year.  We think the place is a good value for the money but people have to understand it's not a brand new 5 star property but it doesn't come with those prices either.
    Posted by dalm0m[/QUOTE]

You are exactly right.  It fits in our budget and it was quite nice so we are booking it.  Just so you know, you will be pleasantly surprised when you go next Summer.  She is almosst done renovating the guest rooms (minus the bathrooms - she can only do so much per year) and they are very nice!  We checked them out after the bridal reception. 

We are excited to have our wedding there!  It is a FUN place...
  • Options
    Congrats for booking OP! You will NOT be disappointed!!! We loved every second of our special day there!! When did you set the date for?
  • Options
    lol! I was there and booked yesterday too!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_doolans-shore-club-spring-lake-heights-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:53fa8092-6ee7-40f5-b009-06f17ef08176Post:9ce60c0d-7cac-4b0c-81ff-81acd7e34d12">Re: Doolans Shore Club, Spring Lake Heights</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats for booking OP! You will NOT be disappointed!!! We loved every second of our special day there!! When did you set the date for?
    Posted by FutureMrsR5711[/QUOTE]

We set the date for Feb 1, 2014.  My fiance proposed this year on that same date so we thought that date would be THAT much more special.   Plus it fell on a Saturday so that helped!  Happy to hear your day was so special there.  I am SUPER excited!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_doolans-shore-club-spring-lake-heights-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:53fa8092-6ee7-40f5-b009-06f17ef08176Post:069afbe2-aff8-45c8-a0ee-e7957d1090c6">Re: Doolans Shore Club, Spring Lake Heights</a>:
    [QUOTE]lol! I was there and booked yesterday too!
    Posted by laurajk1022[/QUOTE]

that is too funny!  They were very helpful, the rooms looked gorgeous...can't beat the price, and the food was tasty...minus those crabcakes.  LOL!  Loved the little slider bar, too!!

What is your date?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards