Nebraska-Omaha

DJ??

I'm just starting my search for a DJ for my wedding reception and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations?  I'm trying to keep the budget as small as possible but I have no idea what a DJ should be charging!  Thanks!!!

Re: DJ??

• edited December 2011
    From my searching, it seems like most Omaha-area DJs are in the $400-$600 range.  I can't seem to decide on one, though.  I'm having trouble finding one that doesn't irritate the pants off of me just from the initial contacts!  Ugh.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I"m using Showtime Music. I like the girl I had the initial meeting with, and then the owner came in with his (adorable) baby boy, and he was super fantastic. I'm definitely happy with my choice.

Oh, and it is costing me about $600 for 6 hours. HTH! =]
  • edited December 2011
    We're using DJ on the MIC.  We met them at a recent bridal fair and they were super nice and seem to fit with the style we want our reception to have.  A lot of the other DJs seemed a little pushy or over-the-top.  We're on a tight budget, so it was nice that they're only about $500 for 5 hours compared to some of the others that were closer to $700 for 5 hours.  I would have loved to book The Party Zone, but they were a little more pricy.
    imageAnniversary
  • StephB22StephB22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WE are using Midwest Music, 6 hours for 550, our friends used them, and I vaguely remember them- maybe had tooo much fun that night, but FI loved it and I think they are reasonable priced.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I know he gets promoted over and over and over on here, and he's worth the talk! Mark (Kirlin) from Bandstand Music is outstanding to work with. He does a great job, and I really enjoyed his work/professionalism the night of our wedding. Our dance floor was full all night long, and we stayed "on schedule" the entire night. 
  • akardiscoakardisco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Mark from Bandstand. He did an awesome job!! Our dance floor was full the entire night. He did a great job integrating the few songs we had listed as "must plays" into his own play list that he created. He totally understood the type of music we liked. Definitely one of the best vendors we used.
  • ayoung22ayoung22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another vote for Mark at Bandstand!  He was phenominal! 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the help!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards