Ohio-Columbus
Options

marriage license question

I still have a little bit of time to figure this out.... but just wanted to see if any married ladies had experience with this.

I've been on the Franklin County website trying to figure out the process to get a license, so I've reviewed the information such as within the 60 days before etc. I didn't realize you could start the application online though. Has anyone done this?

I guess my reason for concern is that my fiance and I both live out of town, so we are trying to plan for a time to be in Ohio (during the week when they are open) to get this done. If you start the application online, is it pretty easy to complete when you actually go there, or has anyone run into any issues?

I'm nervous because my fiance is going to be in a training for work ALL OF APRIL and our wedding is May 28th. He thinks that if we do the application online, and go to get the license a few days before our wedding that should be fine.... will that be fine? I guess I'm the type of person that would like to have everything in hand and organized BEFORE the day before the wedding... haha ;) I'm trying to decide if we should plan a trip to Ohio in early May to do this or just wait till the 25th or 26th of May.

Thanks in advance!

Re: marriage license question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I filled the application online and it only took a few minutes to finish once we got there. There was no one in line when we got there either. I think it could be done a few days before, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it just incase. hth and gl!
  • Options
    BrittBritt22BrittBritt22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did the app online and basically only had to sign it when we went it.  The whole process took less than 10 minutes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! This makes me feel better. I think we may still try to do it a few weeks beforehand just in case.... but glad to hear it is a pretty easy process! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup, we filled out the paper app and then went to the marriage office and our license was issued. Easy peasy.
  • Options
    MollywooMollywoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just filled out the application online this weekend....we live just down the street from the courthouse, so in the days during December that my fiance doesn't have to go into work, we can scoot in when they first open and get it done quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards