Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Affordable photographer?

I am getting married next August and I was wondering if anyone knows of good photographers who charge less than $1000?
Thanks!!

Re: Affordable photographer?

• Options
    snadler3489snadler3489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat, let me know if you hear anything!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    allisong23allisong23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To be honest, I have enever heard of a reputable wedding photographer, especially on the Cape, being below $1000. Keep in mind that you get what you pay for. If you do find someone that is that cheap, the quality will probably be bad and you can't ever retake your wedding photos.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Its not under $1000 but Tricia at A perfect picture is awesome. She has packages starting at $1500 and all her packages include rights to reprint. http://www.aperfectpicture4you.com/

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my photographer for just under a thousand dollars for a few specific reasons: I paid up front (which, they gave me a discount for), my hours were limited but they ended up staying for all the important stuff, obviously I could not include an album or any extras like an engagement session, and I still got two photographers.

The company is fairly new and that's why they were able to give me that price, I would assume. However, in most cases I would say that you would be sacrificing quality but I definitely did not feel that way about my photographers. I wish I could have afforded more but I feel really lucky to have had them. The pictures are beautiful.

Also, they cover all of New England at no extra charge.

Check them out at www.portraitnewengland.com

Good luck with your budgeting, I know how much that can suck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kristen Dawn's most expensive package is $1695, I forget what her lower price packages start at - but that price includes 2 photographers.  Her pictures were fantastic, and she was wonderful to work with!

www.kristendawnphotography.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Kristen Dawn Photography! Her prices are really reasonable (plus you get her and her sister working with you on your wedding day) and her pictures are fantastic (we've only done epics so far, but we're very happy). Plus, she has a really nice personality and is lots of fun to work with! Good luck!
  • Options
    amylee545amylee545 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Amber Shomo with Forevercandid photography. She is amazing!! She's based out of Salem, MA but she travels, and is traveling for us to Falmouth. Her packages start at $1800, but that includes 2 photographers and other stuff that you can easily cut it down cheaper if need be. She is so willing to work with you and form a package to your budget and your needs. She might not be able to budge down to $1000, especially if she's traveling to the cape, but you never know. She lowered ours to $1500 and that includes 5 hours, 2 photographers, a CD with all images, and an engagement session, and no travel fee.

It's definitely worth checking her out... she is insanely talented and SO nice. To tell you the truth, I don't know what kind of talent you are going to find for $1000. You get what you pay for.

Goodluck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the info!  I totally get the quality/price thing but some times numbers are numbers!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should try Deb Grey at www.theclassicimage.net
    She is great Im not sure of her less expensive packages but the most expensive one is $1500. She is doing my wedding in June, she's right in plymouth ma which is close to the cape!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Lauren degregario... Nice work at great pricing .  ldphotographyonline.com  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's definitely possible to get a good photographer under $1000 if you aren't looking for a fancy photography package with custom albums and such. For example, I just wanted the services of the photographer for a few hours and the digital photo files and I am paying around $500 for 3 hours and the files, with some digital correction by the photographer if I'm remembering correctly. I believe I was offered $800 for 5 hours as well.

If you have the files, you can make your own prints and albums either as fancy or as cheaply as you want. A lot of the more expensive photographers I checked with offered me cheaper, more basic packages than the ones advertised on their websites when I explained what I wanted and ask if they could provide anything like that. It is even more likely if your wedding isn't in the high wedding season.

There were even a few cheaper quotes, than the person I selected (Rhonwen Churchill, http://www.rchurchillphoto.com/) but I liked her style the best. My wedding isn't until April, but she's been very professional and friendly in her communications with me so far if you want to check her out.

Of course, if aren't really a DIY person or you really want a fancy professional album, then you may want to spend more to have everything taken care of. Don't forget you have other options though! Good luck.

• Options
    KDouthKDouth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Jayne, I am a photographer based out of Massachusetts and my packages start at $1099. If you're interested, you can check out my website obrienphoto.net. I can also send you the package information if you're interested.

-Kate
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The one I posted has a smaller package for $350? I believe. I think I am going to use her for my wedding. If I remember correctly, it includes ceremony coverage, formal wedding photos and some prints. I will have to look into it more, but I thought it might be helpful to you. It doesn't include a whole lot, but when you are on a budget you can't be too picky! Also, most of the time you can work with your photographer to come up with something that will work for the both of you. If you don't want a fancy package, you can usual get a pretty good price. I am also planning on a budget and I know how tough it is! GOOD LUCK!!!

http://coasttocoastphotography.webs.com/ratesservices.htm (Here is the link I posted, just in case!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She isn't on the Cape, but she does great work and packages start at 1400.

http://www.avamariephotography.com/#/home/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stephanie Vegliante Photography

Customized packages for all events. Albums, prints, and specialized products available and included in packages as well as disks with full copyrights.

http://www.stephanievegliante.com
  • Options
    jgermainjgermain member
    First Comment
    edited October 2013
    JMK Portraits in West Boylston MA is great and super affordable! She only charges $800 for up to 6H then its $100/hour after that!! You get a DVD of your photos and can print them where ever you want. She even gives you extra enhanced photos like the ones on her site! Check it out

WWW.JMKPortraits.com

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_affordable-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:94Discussion:18dbc2b4-12ac-482e-a198-9e42c7333974Post:401c6330-7ffc-4f6e-bf34-a515c6b5fa88" rel="nofollow">Affordable photographer?</a>:
    <blockquote class="Quote"><div class="QuoteText">I am getting married next August and I was wondering if anyone knows of good photographers who charge less than $1000? Thanks!!
    Posted by jaynediane</div></blockquote>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards