Wedding Party

Re: :))

• Options
    Just let her be a bridesmaid and take Jr. off of the title?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
  • Options
    acwmacwm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    My little brother is 10 (will be 11 by the time of the wedding). We haven't asked our party yet, but we plan to ask him to be a groomsman.  I think you could make her a bridesmaid and she'll do just fine.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Did she say she's too old to be a FG? 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_could-fhs-10-year-old-sister-part-of-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:fbce9c94-d38d-4d6e-8346-5b29c68b5583Post:46d80553-4634-4e25-bc67-3b0de8146b44">Re: How could my FH's 10 year old sister be part of the wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We already have 6 of each. And they are all close friends, not family.  <strong>We would need another groomman then too. </strong> We really don't want someone that young (jr)  in that party.
    Posted by angelkiss5003[/QUOTE]

That's not true. If you make her a bridesmaid or junior bridesmaid, she doesn't need a partner. It's fine to have uneven sides in your wedding party. Since she is younger, you could have her walk behind the flower girl and ring bearer to guide them to their seats. 

If this is a religious ceremony, she could lead the procession, carrying  the bible or prayer book down the aisle. If it's a Catholic ceremony, she could present the gifts before Eucharist. I have also heard of, but have never seen, bell ringers leading the wedding party. In any of those roles, she could still dress to match or complement the wedding party, which will probably be the most important part for her.

• Options
    Both my little sisters (9 and 7) will be bridesmaids. If you really don't want anymore bridesmaids maybe ask her if she'd like to pass out the programs or something
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My 11 yr. old niece is going to be a bridesmaid.  The look on her face when I asked her was priceless.  Ask your FSIL to be a bridesmaid, she will be thrilled.  Little girls love that stuff.  You don't need to have the same number of BMs as GMs.

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_could-fhs-10-year-old-sister-part-of-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:fbce9c94-d38d-4d6e-8346-5b29c68b5583Post:ec6a3c64-7980-42d6-a4ca-ea097cc04864">Re: How could my FH's 10 year old sister be part of the wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]She did say she was too old for it, but like I've said we already have one anyway. <strong>I wouldnt want an uneven wedding party. I'm all about matching</strong>. The bell ringer idea sounds good though, I'm going to look into it. Thanks for your suggestions ! 

<div>What's more important? Matching or your family? People trump numbers. At the end of the day the numbers won't be remotely important. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sorry, but I think it's sad that you think that symmetry matters more than your future family.

And I think having a bell ringer is just silly looking and worse sounding.

But good luck to you.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_could-fhs-10-year-old-sister-part-of-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:fbce9c94-d38d-4d6e-8346-5b29c68b5583Post:f1fd4f8c-d849-43e3-a8d4-6b9eb000acbd">Re: How could my FH's 10 year old sister be part of the wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry, but I think it's sad that you think that symmetry matters more than your future family. And I think having a bell ringer is just silly looking and worse sounding. But good luck to you.
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

Now you're catching on.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_could-fhs-10-year-old-sister-part-of-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:fbce9c94-d38d-4d6e-8346-5b29c68b5583Post:ec6a3c64-7980-42d6-a4ca-ea097cc04864">Re: How could my FH's 10 year old sister be part of the wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]She did say she was too old for it, but like I've said we already have one anyway<strong>. I wouldnt want an uneven wedding party. I'm all about matching.</strong> The bell ringer idea sounds good though, I'm going to look into it. Thanks for your suggestions ! 

Be sure to explain to her that having an even wedding party is more important to you than her feelings, which don't really matter to you at all.
  • Options
    If she thinks she's too old to be a FG, I'm guessing she'll feel the same about being a bell ringer (whatever that is).  I think it's sad that matching sides are more important than including your FSIL.
  • Options
    Well if you weren't going to take anyone's suggestions why did you post the question? There really isn't anything else for her to do that isn't seen as a crappy, second rate job. You don't have to have family in the WP, but not having her because of wanting even sides?...ridiculous. I'm glad you own the title of Bridezilla. You sound like a peach.

Best wishes in all your planning!!

(Did I do that right guys?)
  • Options
    You'd do much better to lose the notion of having a "perfect" wedding, because the chances that it will be perfect are infinitessimal.

Now, on to the next part.  People were telling you that symmetry should never be more important than the feelings of your family.  Your related-by-blood family.  I don't think that's rude. 

You've had these "friends" for a long time, and that's great.  But over your lifetime, friends come and go, and in the natural course of things, friendships ebb and flow.  But your FSIL will be your SIL for years.  She'll be the aunt of your children.  I think it's important to remember that.

But a hearty good luck to you!
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    What's with the smiley face? If you admit you're a bridezillla do you think that's a good way to start off married life with the in laws?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards