Moms and Maids
Options

Hello... Ideas?

Hello everyone, my name is Maria.  My fiance proposed to me on Christmas eve and we are getting married May 27, 2012.  We have a lot done already but would like to do something special for our mothers at the reception. Any ideas?  My sister gave the mothers a rose during the ceremony and she also danced with our mom at her wedding and I don't want to seem like a copy cat.  Both mothers have done so much for us and have kept us sane.  Any suggestions will be appreciated

Re: Hello... Ideas?

• Options
    AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can understand not wanting to copy cat, but really the giving the roses is getting to be a very popular thing to do now at weddings to honor the parents so don't think that you are taking away from your sister's idea. If you want to change it up, someone just suggested giving each mom a flower out of the bouquet. As for the reception, many couples thank their parents and guests for coming. If you want to do a dance with your mom, go for it. If your sister gets erked that she thinks you are stealing her ideas, then she needs to chill out because both things she did are becoming very popular now. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Autumn.  Also you could make special mention of both mothers during your speeches.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could give them a mother of the bride gift during the reception with a little speech telling them that your day wouldnt be the same without them, and you appreciate all their support
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards