Second Weddings

hi new here

Im not engaged yet, but Im starting the wheels in motion and Im petrified of what people are going to think about a second wedding. My last one was 8 years ago and by the time I get married again it will be at least 10 I would say. Im also still on the knot from my first wedding! Ahh how do I change that? quick! lol

Re: hi new here

• handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You'll probably just need to create a new profile, using different e-mail address--I don't think there's a way to delete a profile, but maybe if you contact the Knot Gods. 

Now to your other question: I think we'd all be at a standstill with everything in life if we ALWAYS thought about what other people think.  This is how the greatest strides are made, is to throw caution to the wind and ignore the naysayers.

But even if you have a LOT of support, as I did, for my second marriage, there will always be people who say things like: "well, you're not going wear WHITE are you?"  (gotta love my sister, who is planning her third marriage! LOL!)

Anyway, on this board, you must master the "Icy Stare of Death" and accompany it with the sweetest voice you can muster:  "Why, you really didn't mean that as harshly as it came across, now, sweetie, did you? Bless your heart!"

The "bless your heart" is a way to mitigate all nasty comments here in the South.  "She is so ugly, bless her heart!"  Works every time.  It's another thing, along with PBR and Sweet Potato Casserole that I love about living in the deep South. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • edited December 2011
    Handfast is spot on and the great southern sayings are the perfect tried and true reply in a backhanded way. 
    While I think you might get a bit of the comments on the other boards, I think this one is pretty safe to say a great support system. 
    I think your marriage, committment and love is no different this time than any others 1st, 3rd or 4th.  It's still about the love between two people.  From where I stand I think it has a bit more meaning, because for the most of us who made the big mistake, we have finally found our love.  To quote one of our Knoties " It's as allusive as catching lightning in a bottle"  ( Thanks Danya). That's something to celebrate! 
    This may be my second marriage, but, he's my first love.  And we all deserve to celebrate.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had an old profile too that I initially used around here the first time around, but I just got a new user ID. I didn't want the bad vibes surrounding my old one.

I love the Southern sayings Handfast, that's hilarious. You definitely have to worry most about what you and your FI think, that's it. If you're happy, confident and comfortable about your lives and future together then everyone else will feel it too and if they don't, it's too bad for them.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, Welcome and congratulations on being almost engaged!!!

I agree with Erin, regardless of whether this is your 1st or 4th wedding , your love and commitment should be celebrated in a manner that suits you and your FI regardless of what others think.  People "love" to pass judgement and so learning the Icy Stare of Death followed by a retort in a honey sweet voice will work wonders.  Or feigning deafness, that works as well.

Remember this it's your day, plan it the way you want it. 
  • beesha77beesha77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm new here too and i have to say looking around....and so far am put off by a lot of the responses I've seen.

That being said... Congratulations to you both!! Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards