October 2012 Weddings

I'm about to have a meltdown.

Backstory - we went to get our passports in June.  Mine came in 3 weeks later no problem, FI's came as as insufficient identification.  So he has this 8 page bibliography, and send in 5 forms of IDs that are 5 years or older. 

We finally got like 9 forms of ID hoping they will find 5 that are sufficient enough, not all are 5 years old.  So I made FI sit down Monday night to get the paperwork done and I can send it off this week.  FI still hasn't gotten all his sibling information for his passport (there's 8 of them)!  He had his half brother's number but REFUSES to call.  I'm almost in tears because we've already paid for our HM to Pvnta Cana.  Everyday I remind him MULTIPLE times to call.  He doesn't want to call because since his father died 8 years ago, he hasn't really talked to his 6 half siblings.  He needs their place of birth, birthday, numbers, work.  He thinks it'll be awkward, I don't care.  I'm sure he can get all the info from the one brother.

I'm at my desk at work about to cry over this.  It's the one thing I can't handle myself, and I've handle EVERYTHING else from wedding, to work, to bills, to our house.  I feel like if we talk about it tonight we will fight... I really don't feel like fighting tonight.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my 2012 shelf:
Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)

Re: I'm about to have a meltdown.

• Does your library have a geneology resource. We have Heritagequest and Ancestry. You might be able to look up there and get birthdates and place of birth and a google search might get their phone # and work. Also are you on facebook, could FI be friends with somebody that is friends with the brother?
  • Ugh what a nightmare!  Is there hostility between him and his brother? 

Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Tell him you're not going to do anything else...cook, clean, pay the bills, other "bedroom activities", NOTHING...until he calls his brother.  I know this doesn't work for everyone, but I did this to FI once and it actually worked lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker siggy 6
  • I agree with PP. I would pissed. I understand that he thinks it may be awkward, but if he doesn't do it, he'll NEVER be able to leave the country.
  • Whatever you do, don't do this for him.  If you've done everything else for the wedding and he just has this to take care of, it's on him.  Time to man up and make some phone calls!
  • Is there another relative that he might be able to find out this info from?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 95 Invited
    image 70 Are ready to party!
    image 10 Will be missing out!
    image 15 Are MIA!
  • Wow. This sounds like something my FI would do.Oh wait,he does, but not on this. I would simply ignore him until he gets it done - and if he doesn't- that is HIS problem - not yours. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

74 Invited image
    44 image are ready to party!
    31 image declines
    0 imagecan't find the bleeping mailbox
    RSVP Date: Sept 24
  • Thanks guys.   I got home and he knew something was wrong, he asked and I just said, did you call you brother.  He went oh sh!t and called them, he actually needs 2 sisters and 2 brothers information.  He left VMs, and they never called back.  He said he'll call tomorrow (sunday) but I told him maybe ask their kids, who he is FB friends with, can give him the info. 

Yes there's bad blood because they are all kinda crappy people.  From what i understand, after his dad died they thought they should have gotten everything, money, possessions etc, but his mama still had to get by.  I also think there was some drama before the furneral where a lot of his dad's meds where stolen, just a lot of drama.

Stephdi - I'll look into the library thing too!  Thanks!
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards