Favors

Custom Wedding Favors

I'm getting married to my wonderful fiance in January of next year! I've been thinking about what kind of favors to have at the wedding and we've decided on two small ones...customer buttons with our names on them and mixed CDs we're making ourselves.

My question is: Are two favors enough? Should I have more? If so, any ideas?

Our wedding colors are charcoal gray and ivory with accents of turquoise and red.

Any help would be great! :)

Re: Custom Wedding Favors

• McKenna2012McKenna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Two favors are more than enough, but I would avoid personalized favors. To be honest, nobody really wants a button with your name on it. If you read through the posts on here, you'll see the majority of people recommend edible favors b/c a lot of us admit to leaving behind various "useless" favors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not even sure what customer buttons are, but if it has your names on it, it won't be of much use to your guests.  And I'm not a fan of mix CDs.  The ethical issue about pirating someone's music aside, your taste in music is probably not the same as your guests.

I have never kept a mix CD and I've been given many as gifts.  To be honest, I'd either "forget" to take it with me, or toss it as soon as I got home.

And one favor is plenty for your guests.  Favors are not mandatory at all much less giving people 2 things that they likely won't use.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_custom-wedding-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:18399de5-4ff4-4632-8a88-f77c5400af12Post:0c248f72-d6c8-4b2a-9ba8-59240657f859">Custom Wedding Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married to my wonderful fiance in January of next year! I've been thinking about what kind of favors to have at the wedding and we've decided on two small ones...customer buttons with our names on them and mixed CDs we're making ourselves. My question is: Are two favors enough? Should I have more? If so, any ideas? Our wedding colors are charcoal gray and ivory with accents of turquoise and red. Any help would be great! :)
    Posted by disposition27[/QUOTE]
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Why on earth would I ever wear a button with your names on them?

2.  Every mix CD I've received at a wedding has either been left behind or dumped in the nearest trash can. 
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • edited December 2011
    check out this website....

www.uniquetreats.delicada.com

they have adorable edible cookies that you can personalize with a photo. Very cute and very uniuqe.Smile
  • Epic07032011Epic07032011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    everyone bashes non edible favors, but honestly, the favors at the very few weddings i've been to i have LOVED and none of them were edible.

got a water bottle (like a cheap nalgene)--it was even personalized and i used it for over a year till i lost it.

got a Jewish blessings book (mostly with Shabbat prayers, blessing after meals, etc)

got a tiny little candle ( personalized sticker only) (bigger than a tea-light though)

3 had no favors (and no take home candies/food)

one had a bottle opener key chain that was personalized. i didn't keep it on my keychain, but i did use it until i lost it after a while (why do i lose everything?)

that's all i can remember right now
  • Epic07032011Epic07032011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS however, i don;t collect buttons, and have no where to put them. i would love a mix CD though
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards