Missouri-St Louis

Need to Sell My Dress - Help!

I just got engaged on Easter and I'm now starting to plan my wedding. Yay! But here's the problem. 

I bought a wedding dress about 5 years ago from David's Bridal for a wedding that never happened. Unfortunately I had already bought the dress and David's Bridal wouldn't let me return it. So I have this dress, never been worn, still has the tags, never even taken out of the garment bag. It's wrapped in a white sheet in the garment bag in the closet in the spare bedroom at my parents house. 

I'm a different girl than I was 5 years ago. And the last thing I want is to wear this dress. It was a different time in my life and I want nothing to do with that dress or the memories that come with it. I want to start fresh and plan this wedding from beginning to end and enjoy every minute of it. But I need to sell the dress in order to afford a new one. 

Can anybody tell me of any shops in St. Louis/St. Charles that will buy wedding dresses or any place that would be a good place to sell it? 

Re: Need to Sell My Dress - Help!

• DemedollDemedoll member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    You can also try to sell it on ebay. If you post it on CL post it in STL, KC, and Chicago. They are all local enough that shipping wouldnt be too bad. If you cannot sell it locally you might want to go ahead and find a box that fits the dress, take it to the PO and get an estimate on shipping cost so you know how much to list the shipping as on ebay.

Also, if your budget is that tight that you need to sell this one to buy a new one, I recommend you look into buying a used one or never worn but "used" since it isnt brand new from a boutique or something. David's bridal has some cheap dresses or you could attend the Brides against Breast Cancer tour when it comes to St. Louis in August if yo ucan wait until then. There are plenty of new and gently used dresses and the money benefits breast cancer victims and their families. I think it is for terminal breast cancer families but I'm not positive.
    http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-events/bridal-show/brides-against-breast-cancer-nationwide-tour-of-gowns-st-louis-mo-st-louis/d93d618922d56ca5.html

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards