Wedding Woes
Options

Weekend grossness and a registration clerk almost lost her life

- When your potty training kid asks what's on his thumb.  Don't get too close it's poop.

- When someone asks what the brown stuff on the floor is.  Check your kids right away.  M2 blew out through a diaper, onesie, and pants.  She was leaving brown smudges on MILs floor.  At least we cleaned it up which is more than they did when their dog sht and peed in our house.  We cleaned that up too.

- The bathroom at Urgent Care didn't have a changing table so I asked the clerk where I could change M2's poopy diaper.  She told me to use a chair in the waiting room.  When I looked at her she said "sometimes you have to do what you have to do."  I'm not sure what all came flying out of my mouth but there were things about her sitting in a shtty diaper or being sick and and having to watch someone change a diaper and having to sit in the chair that just had baby sht on it. 

She apologized several times but never once offered to let us use an exam room.  I honestly wasn't trying but I did get sht on the chair.  I took the chair up to the window and asked what she wanted me to do with it.  She just looked at me as I left the chair and walked away.

Re: Weekend grossness and a registration clerk almost lost her life

• Options
    That's a lot of poop.  And WTF at the registration clerk? 
  • Options
    How's M2 doing now?  Did she sleep OK last night?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_weekend-grossness-registration-clerk-almost-lost-her-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:0841c47a-b30f-4054-8924-22c4207d15f7Post:60c9bce1-ee2a-4ea0-a0e0-19d1e6ee14b4">Weekend grossness and a registration clerk almost lost her life</a>:
    [QUOTE]- When your potty training kid asks what's on his thumb.  Don't get too close it's poop. - When someone asks what the brown stuff on the floor is.  Check your kids right away.  M2 blew out through a diaper, onesie, and pants.  She was leaving brown smudges on MILs floor.  At least we cleaned it up which is more than they did when their dog sht and peed in our house.  We cleaned that up too. - <strong>The bathroom at Urgent Care didn't have a changing table</strong> so I asked the clerk where I could change M2's poopy diaper.  She told me to use a chair in the waiting room.  When I looked at her she said "sometimes you have to do what you have to do."  I'm not sure what all came flying out of my mouth but there were things about her sitting in a shtty diaper or being sick and and having to watch someone change a diaper and having to sit in the chair that just had baby sht on it.  She apologized several times but never once offered to let us use an exam room.  I honestly wasn't trying but I did get sht on the chair.  I took the chair up to the window and asked what she wanted me to do with it.  She just looked at me as I left the chair and walked away.
    Posted by 6fsn[/QUOTE]

How are there not laws requiring them to have one??
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Forget laws, how does a business that is fully expecting to have babies visiting on a regular basis not have a changing table just to avoid poopy chairs?

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_weekend-grossness-registration-clerk-almost-lost-her-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:0841c47a-b30f-4054-8924-22c4207d15f7Post:647b03e8-8c33-41a3-a5f6-9c32abbc35ae">Re: Weekend grossness and a registration clerk almost lost her life</a>:
    [QUOTE]Forget laws, how does a business that is fully expecting to have babies visiting on a regular basis not have a changing table just to avoid poopy chairs?
    Posted by zsazsa-stl[/QUOTE]

<div>This, fvck laws, but we made them put them in every bathroom at work a year or 2 ago because *sometimes* the public brings kids.</div><div>
    </div><div>(my only complaint is that they block the frickin handicap stalls when people leave the tables open, and women open the tables to set theirp urses on while they do their hair (ew) and then forget to close them--then my wheelchair students cant get in the damn handicap stalls)</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    The SAME day we'd been in a Burger King that didn't have a changing table.  Normally I would have used the car, but it was freezing and our trunk was packed with stuff.  I complained then proceeded to change the baby in a corner of the restaurant.  I know it was wrong to the other diners, but I did at least go behind a wall where they couldn't see.

I did call Urgent Care to complain.  The office manager said they are moving in a few months but that wasn't an excuse.  He said they'd put in a policy to allow people to use an exam room.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards