Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

MN State Park Weddings

Hello all,

My fiance and I lvoe the outdoors and wanted to have our wedding at one of the beautiful State Parks that we have here in Minnseota.  With the State still shut down, I haven't been able to contact anyone so I thought I would ask if anyone has either held or attended a weddnig at one of the State Parks? 

Our number one choice is at the head waters of the mississippi in Itasca State Park, but we are also considering Afton and Forestville/mystery cave.

Does anyone have any experience with state park weddings?  Are there large fees for the ceremony or restrictions on whre in the park we can set up chairs? 

Any advice would be helpful, we are looking at a guest list of no more than 120 people (probably more like 100).  If we were married at Itasca, then we would have the reception in the Lodge up there.

Thanks!

Re: MN State Park Weddings

• edited December 2011
    I am not really sure about state parks, but if Afton is one of your considerations, you may want to look at Afton Alps Ski Resort.  It is right next door.  I having my reception there in 10 days and they have locations for outdoor ceremonies (with indoor back ups in case of rain). 
    PhotobucketPhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have firm answers for you but I had my ceremony in a public space and we had to wait until it was "closed" for business.  I can imagine that the State Parks might have similar restrictions since it technically belongs to everyone in the state and depriving someone of access to an area for a private event runs sorta contrary to that.  I could totally be wrong though! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards