June 2013 Weddings

Wedding Wednesday

What's going on?
                                                                              Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Wedding Wednesday

• Well FI and I ordered another sample invitation, because the last one we were looking at there were just too many things we wanted to change about it. So we've just ordered a sample of this one which should be here in about two weeks.

We changed our flower quote for the last time last night so hopefully we can make the down payment on that when she gets back to me, and we can get them ordered.

• Beth, that's a really pretty invitation set.

I wrote the copy for our invitations the other day. I also did a rough draft of our ceremony, since we're doing that from scratch as well. We need to pick readings still, and there are a few things that we might tweak with it between now and the wedding, but for the most part, it's done. Other than that, I haven't done anything and I probably won't get anything else done until after Christmas.
  • We're starting to nail down some detail information we need to be able to answer in a few weeks when we meet with our coordinator. FI has decided he wants input on things he previously said he didn't care about and has tossed some of my ideas out, including ones I've spent money on already. So there's that. 

Going to his cousins wedding helped nudge us along and get us excited for ours. Today I'm going to try to touch base with our DJ since I still haven't gotten a solid confirmation from him about doing our ceremony music. And I'm going to make a partial payment to him as well. 

I don't know what we're working on next, but the list is looong and I'm starting to feel stressed about it all. I think once we make it through our details list, meet with the coordinator in a few weeks, and order invitations I'll start to feel better. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Beth,
    That invitation set is really pretty!

I honestly haven't been working on much this month. I've been focused on the holidays. And I am JUST starting to get over the flu as that knocked me down and out for almost 2 weeks!!

Jan is when I'll refocus and get back into planning mode!
    June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
  • I'm trying to start working on our invitation wording as well as getting that all done while I'm between semesters. But I have discovered I hate working on the wording lol. Tomorrow I'm mailing our the contract for our room blocks and my payment for my makeup artist so those will be 2 big checks. Otherwise starting to stress out I feel like there's still so much to do (and too much to pay for) for there to only be around 5&1/2 months left!
  • I haven't made a ton of progress lately, I did order my veil yesterday. I'm just sad that the seller wouldn't make it any longer. 

We are going to send out our STD's in about two weeks so my mom and I are starting on addressing those even though i still need roughly 13 addresses from FI.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks guys I really like the looks of them too. I just hope they're as pretty in person as they are online. 
  • I feel like I'm never on TK anymore and spend all of my time on the FB group.

I ordered a few things for my flower girl and ordered a bunch of cocktail napkins (it was a pretty good sale on here). They should be here next week. Other than that I haven't been doing any wedding planning - I've been so focused on buying our house and the Holidays!
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We booked our flights to Vegas for our honeymoon. Finally. I'm still looking for another deal for a suite at the hotel.

Cake! - June 2013
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beth, love the invitation set! We haven't done much as far as the wedding planning goes, FI had finals so he was busy with school work. Now that he's on winter break though we'll work on picking songs for spot light dances and other small things like  that. I'm excited to get invitations, but we are waiting until our tasting which is the second weekend of January so that we know what our meal options are.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lovefuzzieslovefuzzies member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2012
    I haven't been working on much lately. I inquired with a beverage service to see if we could squeeze that into the budget and the first one I asked came back with a pricy quote.  There's a couple others ill be checking with. I know one offers a bartender only option so that's probably who we'll go with.  Mostly I'm just waiting on FI to make some decisions on stuff and finish some projects he's working on. Once I get some time off work in the next couple of days I'll finish the ceremony lanterns. I still want to get some more pictures of FI and me for the reception centerpieces but I'm having a very hard time getting connected with a photographer I wanted to use :(  It's getting very frustrating. 
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi ladies!  I am pretty much on a wedding hold until after the holidays when we go to a big bridal faire in the area.  I reserved a block a rooms at one of the hotels, and still need to call the other place.  That is something I hope to do this week.  I'm still waiting for FMIL to give me some addresses, but sent out the STDs to all the ones I did have last week because I didn' t want to wait any longer!  She at least keeps telling me she has to do it, so I'm trying to be paitent!  I've been happy with people messaging/calling me saying they received theirs, loved it and are looking forward to coming :)  Its nice when peope acknowledge it!  Other than that, more so just organizational stuff for me right now.  We plan on registering after the holidays so are having fun just looking at stuff and making a wishlist. 

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards