Texas-Houston

Local Vendor Costs?

I'm trying to get average/approximate costs on local wedding vendors in order to create an initial wedding budget. I know these will differ in various situations, however gathering this  ambiguous Intel, and generating some sort of "anticipated cost spreadsheet" will help my dad sleep at night! :)

In a nutshell, I'm just hoping to get some general wedding numbers$ on Houston wedding services... If anyone can help me fill in the blanks based on their experience(s), I would appreciate it so very much! (Feel free to direct message me if you'd rather)
--Thanks a ton in advance!

Expected a la carte pricing for...
(if needed, let's say the following is based on a November wedding / 250 guests)
  • Photography (engagements, bridals, reception): $________
  • Photobooth: $________
  • Boudoir Photography: $________
  • Floral (Centerpieces, reception and/or ceremony decor): $_________
  • Floral (bouquets, corsages): $_________
  • Rehearsal Dinner (restaurant rental fee): $_________
  • Rehearsal Dinner (food bill): $__________
  • Catering (if separate from venue): $_________
  • On-site Bartenders: $________
  • Cake (bride's): $_________
  • Cake (groom's): $_________
  • Church Rental (if separate): $_________
  • Church Officiate: $_________
  • Port-a-Potty Rental: $________
  • Guest Parking (per attendant, valet services, etc.): $________
  • Wedding Band: $________
  • DJ: $________
  • Fireworks: $________
  • Linens and/or Chair Rental: $________
  • Wedding Planner: $________
  • Darryl & Co: $_________

Money mouth

LoveInTexas

Re: Local Vendor Costs?

• I sent you a personal message!
  • Expected a la carte pricing for...
    (if needed, let's say the following is based on a November wedding / 250 guests)
    • Photography (engagements, bridals, reception): $1400-6k+ it just all depends 
    • Photobooth: $500 for 4 hours as long as there arent stairs or you arent using a groupon
    • Boudoir Photography: $600 approx
    • Floral (Centerpieces, reception and/or ceremony decor): $30-80 per arrangement per my florist 
    • Floral (bouquets, corsages): $100/bride 50/bridesmaid 
    • Rehearsal Dinner (restaurant rental fee): $0 as long as we meet f&b
    • Rehearsal Dinner (food bill): $3000
    • Catering (if separate from venue): $8000 from Pappas... I have a couple different ones that vary 
    • On-site Bartenders: $30/hr if caterer stocked alcohol $45/ if not separate places have it priced at about $35/hr
    • Cake (bride's): $600 (HEB)
    • Cake (groom's): $1000 (Susies Cakes) 
    • Church Rental (if separate): $350
    • Church Officiate: $Free--its a friend 
    • Port-a-Potty Rental: I have this priced out for a work event in Clear Lake--depends what kind of potty-- "Hotty Potty's" aka nice ones are about 700/toilet cheapo ones are about 250/toilet plus delivery etc. 
    • Guest Parking (per attendant, valet services, etc.): $5/ car
    • Wedding Band: I got a couple priced out at around $4k 
    • DJ: $800 DJU 
    • Fireworks: $1300 per a work event we did 2 minutes of fireworks 
    • Linens and/or Chair Rental: $I had this wrapped into a catering quote at around $4K for 210 people 
    • Wedding Planner: $1400 for a month of coordinator 
    • Darryl & Co: havent done anything with these guys. 
  • I sent you a private message
  • monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2013
    Getting some price ideas is fine, but just keep in mind that all of these numbers can fluctuate WILDLY.  And if the grand total is over your budget, this board and others (like the budget board) can help you reduce your costs DRASTICALLY.

For example, you can spend thousands at a local florist, or hundreds on DIY flowers.  You can spend tens of thousands for food and drink at a really nice reception venue, or find a more DIY-type venue and spend only a few thousand. 

The options are limitless.  I would really approach it more from the perspective of "How much are my parents (or his) willing to spend, plus how much are FI willing to spend" then you have your budget. 

SaveSave
  • I ran into the problem of my dad asking me how much money he was going to give me, i did research, came back with a dollar amount and he and i agreed i would pay the difference. it is hard to figure out where to start--ask friends what their budgets were and see if thats something to start with. you can have a nice wedding for 3k or a crazy one for 100, 200 or 300k. I have been to both and it doesnt mean anything either way, but coming from somewhere in the middle is hard.
  • For a wedding/reception venue...you should take a look at www.TownHallTexas.com. 5 miles east of The Woodlands mall. Rustic/western venue, 10 acres, 3,000sqft barn(seats up to 150 at same time however they have 10 acres -- so possibilities are endless depending on budget), 1.5 acre pond - 2 outdoor ceremony sites (1 is located on an island in the middle of the pond (seats up to 150). $6,498 for up to 100 guests($15/ea after 100) for all day Saturday or $5,498 for up to 50 guests. They are flexible and can work with you on the rate, etc. Good luck!
  • I sent you a PM!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards