Military Brides
Options

Dress Frustration/Rant

The place where I ordered my dress has a policy where you pick it up 2 weeks from the date it comes in.  Under some circumstances they will extend your pick up date a reasonable length of time.  Well, I ordered the dress in August in my home town where we will be having our wedding.  I was told my dress would be in October 30th.  Okay fine, I will be in town for Thanksgiving that should be a reasonalbe amount of time for an extension...Low and behold my dress comes in almost two months early!  I live across the country and cannot come home any time I please.  Now, they want my mother to pick it up (obviously without me trying it on) or have it shipped.  I know you're thinking where is the problem?  I ordered a petite dress under the advisement of my consultant because of the style of the dress being hard to shorten and the fact that I am kinda short (5'3" which is the very tallest girl they recommend petite for).  She had also told me when it comes in I can come try it on before we decide to take it home and if it is too short we can send that one back and order a regular dress.  Now, that plan is not possible because I won't be home til November and do not have the time or money to fly home before then.  Just really frustrated...any words of wisdom?  I feel a lot better now that I have vented about that but am still too worked up to logically come up with a better plan than calling and begging them to help me out lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress Frustration/Rant

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sucks.  Perhaps see if any bridal boutique near you has a version of that dress in petite for you to go try on?

As a second option, calling and begging sounds like a decent plan, as well as offering them a "storage fee" to hold onto it (something like $50 should be more than reasonable).  It's a small investment to wait and see if the dress fits before committing to it!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Girl you need to Calm Down and BREATHE!!!
    Could you offer to have the dress shipped to you to try it on yourself? I mean, tell them You'll pay for it. Most Bridal Boutiques in my experience will work with you. See if your mom can pick it up and ship it to you, You try it on and if it's too short tell them to order a new one and you'll ship back the original. If they were that nice in the first place, I can't imagine that they would make a complete 180 on you. No one wants an unhappy Bride and No real business wants a bad rep. I can't tell you how many times 1 bad review on a shirt online or a restaurant will completley turn me off. Calmy call them, explain your situation, and try to be flexible. Let us know!! Good Luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards