Alabama
Options

Venues and DIY advice

Im wondering if any of you lovely local Alabama brides have any DIY advice and any info on not so expensive wedding venues? Thanks.
<3
Victoria

Re: Venues and DIY advice

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What sort of DIY help are you looking for? We're doing all our own decor, invitations/ STD's, floral, cakes, photobooth, and fireworks :)

And what sort of venue are you looking for and where?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Avondale Villa in Avondale Park, Greystone Farms, etc. If you are looking for some free bridal portraits or engagement session let me know also: cbpittard@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Birmingham Botanical Gardens
    Aldridge Botanical Gardens
    Gaslight House

• Options
    StokedWifeyStokedWifey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at Camp Sumatanga in Gallant, AL.  It's a methodist church camp that is in the middle of nowhere and it's BEAUTIFUL.  They have a chapel on top of the mountain that you can rent for $25, a lake you can set up at (not sure of price) and Hutto Auditorium, where I had ceremony & reception, for $275 for the entire day.  That includes tables and chairs and it's already wired for CD sound.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    StokedWifeyStokedWifey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and if you're looking for anything in particular as far as the DIY stuff goes, let me know.  I'll be glad to give you some pointers. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As far as DIY I bought some invitation kits from party city. Too cute black and white pocket fold. 25 invites and all the shebang for 20 bucks. Ive got my dress already. More than likely gonna do silk flowers for momentos etc.  Im not really sure what to do about photography, because ive been lookin at some and they are extremely expensive, but i know it is something I really want to invest in.
    <3 thanks for allllll the advce

- victoria
  • Options
    carolg1carolg1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing our invitations, programs, flowers and favors DIY. Look online at Oriental Trading Company. They have lots of favors and other goodies you can get cheaper than in stores. And it's easy to do flowers inexpensively. Buy in bulk from Costco -- whatever is in season.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FMIL and a bunch of her friends and family are DIYing the food for our wedding.  We're doing a buffet-style dinner and saving a ton!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards