Canada-Ontario
Options

October Honeymoon destinations

Hi there,

Anybody have a good idea as to where to travel in early October?   We want to go somewhere sunny for about 5 days and don't want to spend more than $2,000 between the two of us.  It seems that alot of the places we could go have bad weather in October.

Any suggestions?

Thanks ladies!

SK

Re: October Honeymoon destinations

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cuba! My hubby and I went last December and paid $1,600 for the whole package (flights, all-inclusive resort, tax incl). I bet it's even cheaper in October.

I did look up the weather for Cuba and it looks like October is the tail end of the wet season so you may want to do more research on that. The thing about rainy season in that part of the world is that it rains for a set period every day, like clockwork, and that's it.

If you go, make sure to take a day or two to visit Havana. It's an amazing city. If you do some trips outside the resort, you'll need a little extra cash but I'm certain you can do the whole trip for less than $2,000.

I booked through www.redtag.ca, and we ultimately got a package through SunWing Vacations - they were great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great idea!  Thanks.  I would love to go to Cuba, so good call.

SK
  • Options
    suellenslatersuellenslater member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Central America, the island of Roatan just off the Hundouras coast is gorgous and far enough south not to be impacted by the hurricans that hit the carribean, also mainland such as Beliz, Costa Rica and Panama are all great places to go. I have traveld a fair amount in Central America and just love it!
    Sue-Ellen
  • Options
    melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm no help with "sunny."   We're doing a week long haunted/historical adventure in Gettysburg in October for our honeymoon.

I'm beginning to think we're the only non-tropical people on Earth.

I do hear many who go to Cuba for very affordable rates, however, so I agree with that suggestion.  Congratulations and I hope you have a great time, wherever you pick!
    10-10-10
  • Options
    scholtesscholtes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bali, Indonesia. Hot and Dry season there!
    Beautiful beaches, cheap food and drink, and can go for 2 weeks for the same price as 1 week in the Carribean.
    check it out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going to Maui a few days after our 10-10-10 wedding. We booked through www.expedia.ca. After talking to a few travel agents and comparing online for over a month, we found expedia to have the best prices.

We booked a 4* (Sheraton Resort & Spa) but there are other good 3* hotels. There are also good 3* hotels in Waikiki too.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    mcrotondomcrotondo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Try last minute deals to Aruba, you might get lucky and the weather there is almost always 100%

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards