Iowa-Quad Cities

location help...

So im wanting a cabin/barn feel wedding location to have my ceremony and reception. its a comforting, relaxing environment. Any ideas?

Re: location help...

• hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The Blackhawk Lodge state park in Rock Island? 
  • edited December 2011
    I saw that you posted this in DSM as well - what area are you actually looking for? In the Amanas you have Festhalle Barn (booked for 2012, when is your wedding?) and near Iowa City you could try Celebration Farm.
  • edited December 2011
    well my wedding is november 16, 2013, so i have a while. Im looking for a nice country, relaxed, outdoor feel to it that is hopefully in Iowa still =D
  • edited December 2011
    I posted on your DsM post but from what you have clarified in this post the Festhalle Barn in the Amanas sounds like what you are looking for.  The contact person is Dennis Hahn (hahnjr@southslope.net). They do not book for 2013 til January though.

Also, now that I think about it Im not sure if the barn has neat so if you are planning for Nov it may not work for you. 
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    well thanks for your help! =D
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You may want to consider extra costs of a barn wedding/reception in november would be heaters!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with the others that a barn in Nov may not be your best option, but maybe a lodge would be perfect for what you're looking for.

Since the only parameter you gave was in Iowa, there is this fantastic lodge/resort on Lake Rathburn that I've always wanted to do an event at. It looks stunning and all your guests could stay right there at the lodge. http://www.honeycreekresort.com/

I think there are a couple in the Okoboji area as well that will have the feel you're looking for. I will say, if you're choosing this theme to save costs, I dont' think a lodge/barn/cabin will meet that goal for you especially during winter months. I think it will actually end up being more expensive and many have stricter rules than traditional venues.

You might also look at wineries that have structures on the property -- they tend to have that outdoorsy, feel as well.
  • edited December 2011
    The Celebration Farm in the Iowa City has two barns to choose from and both are brand new and heated/air conditioned for year-round use.
  • Did you end up finding a venue for your wedding?  How many guests are you planning on inviting?
  • perfect thank you all sooo much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards