Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Photographers

Happy Friday!!!

I am currently looking into photographers for both my engagement session and for the wedding day. Have most of you had your engagement pictures done with the same photographer as your wedding day? I know alot of them include the e-session in their packages but I also like the idea of having two different people for two different styles.

Also, most of the photogs that I am looking into have not shot at my venue before- Chestnut Ridge Golf Resort and this makes me nervous...thoughts?!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Photographers

• A good photographer can adapt to any location.  As for style, each photographer does have their own style but I love my photographer's photographs so we used her for our engagement session (it was also included.)  However, now that we have done our e-session, I think it's a good idea to use the same person so you get a feel for how they operate.  If I showed up on the day of the wedding without having worked with her before I think it would take a while to get into a stride.  FI and I aren't very PDA so we found the shoot awkward at first, but got into it half way through.  Now that we have been through it, I think it will help on the wedding day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KSerafin17KSerafin17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Yes, I think that is a good point about being comfortable with the photograher and doing both shoots would help with that. My FI and I aren't very PDA either and his is very shy so I worry about being uncomfortable at first too :) That is why it is so important to me to find the right photog. Are you using a photog in the city or outside? Do you mind sharing who you are working with?

Thanks!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No problem, we are using Lauren Zurchin.  She is based out of Shady Side currently.  Her website is:
    http://laurenzurchinstudios.com/

She is not only an amazing photographer, but an amazing person.  Very creative and friendy and I think she has had one of the most interesting lives of anyone I have met.  Her prices are very reasonable and she has different packages to accomodate budgets.  I imagine in a couple more years she will be one of the top photgraphers in Pittsburgh.

You can also find her on Facebook for more photos, she said she is in the process of revamping her website.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using Matthew Blassey, and we love him!  He specializes in outdoor photography, and takes a photojournalistic approach to every session, meaning he'll tell the story of your wedding day, not just snap the typical shots.  We've worked wih him twice before for headshots (we're actors) and a fashion shoot of his, and choosing him for our wedding was easy and almost immediate. Check out his work at www.matthewblasseyweddings.com
    What a beautiful mess this is...
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    We used Randi Voss.  she's one of the more expensive in the area, but also one of the best. I know way too many brides who skimped on photography $$ and hated their pictures, which is something you can never re-do and a regret I never wanted to have.  So we made it a splurge area of the budget.

We did both e-pics and the wedding with her which is nice because you get comfortable working with the photog during the e-pics so that when the wedding comes around, you aren't too uptight/anxious about photos.
  • Our wedding photographer has some gorgeous photos of a wedding at Chestnut Ridge on her Facebook. We used Milla C. Photography - her and her husband Brad were with us all day. We haven't gotten our pictures yet but all of her albums on FB are gorgeous. The couple she photographed at Chestnut Ridge is Jeannine and Chris - I think you just have to look her up and then Like her page to see the pics. Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_photographers-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:f2c78f50-0da1-4dcd-9875-5ce2e0491c1ePost:a5a15842-7555-4d8d-aef7-ba84a5e53f5c">Re: Photographers</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used Randi Voss.  she's one of the more expensive in the area, but also one of the best. I know way too many brides who skimped on photography $$ and hated their pictures, which is something you can never re-do and a regret I never wanted to have.  So we made it a splurge area of the budget.  We did both e-pics and the wedding with her which is nice because you get comfortable working with the photog during the e-pics so that when the wedding comes around, you aren't too uptight/anxious about photos.
    Posted by mdphd[/QUOTE]

<div>I also used Randi and I agree with everythng md said (typical.). </div><div>
    </div><div>One thing to keep in mind is that blogs/Facebook only show photos that the photographer CHOSE to post. No photographer is going to post so-so shots for public viewing. Ask to see a whole wedding. Most photographers who are worth anything should have no problem either letting you see a disk or giving you access to an online gallery. </div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you ladies so much! You have given me a starting point!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello!

This is going to sound a little bit random but my husband and I own a wedding videography business called Steady Creek Cinema in Pittsburgh PA. If you still need to hire a videographer, we would be happy to accommodate you! As newly weds ourselves, we understand how hectic planning can be! When you have a second, check us out at:

steadycreekcinema.com. If you have any questions, comments or just simply want to meet up to discuss your big day, we provided our gmail address below. Hope to hear from you soon! Good luck with all of your planning!

Sincerely,

Bethany & Andrew D'Amico

steadycreekcinema@gmail.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards