Plus-Sized

I love him because......

So.  I know we all love our FI/SOs.  But why?  Name a couple of things that he has done for you lately that just make your heart melt.

Today when I was making lunch, I ran out of sugar for my sweet tea.  Josh volunteered to go te some more sugar for me.

He ALWAYS opens car doors!

And he is always bringing me little suprises...like movies, treats, and all kinds of goodies.

Most of all, Josh always puts his own needs before mine.  EVERY SINGLE TIME.  Being with him makes me want to be a better person!!
I love that man, and in 69 days he will be my husband!!
Anniversary

Re: I love him because......

• edited March 2012
    I love this post.

John takes such good care of me. He goes out of his way to make sure I'm happy and does sweet things all the time for no reason. A few things that stand out as extra amazing right at the moment are...

• I got to sleep before him and leave before him in the morning.  He always lays down with me and cuddles until I fall asleep and he wakes up and walks me out every morning.

• He challenges me and calls me on my bs. Which makes me want to be better.

• He insist that we fight clean/honest/thoroughly. We don't have many arguments but when we do we sit there until we come to a compromise or a resolution. It's hard but it keeps communication going and solves the issue.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_i-love-him-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:3fc7b612-f1fc-421e-af8c-88137b955731Post:1a9a7498-8495-4431-a42e-f9391bac3674">Re: I love him because......</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love this post. John takes such good care of me. He goes out of his way to make sure I'm happy and does sweet things all the time for no reason. A few things that stand out as extra amazing right at the moment are... I got to sleep before him and leave before him in the morning.  He always lays down with me and cuddles until I fall asleep and he wakes up and walks me out every morning.   He challenges me and calls me on my bs. Which makes me want to be better.  <strong> He insist that we fight clean/honest/thoroughly. We don't have many arguments but when we do we sit there until we come to a compromise or a resolution. It's hard but it keeps communication going and solves the issue.  </strong>
    Posted by TYRAnnosaurus[/QUOTE]

<div>That's hard, but very important.  If you want your marriage to be strong, and to last, it is essential!!!</div>
    Anniversary
  • edited March 2012
    I love him because he's the biggest dork I know, and he's not afraid to be himself in any circumstance. 

I love him because we talk every day, even though we're 900 miles apart, and we call each other every night before bed, he puts up with me even though I fall asleep on the phone. 

I love that when we see each other, even when it's been months, we go right back to normal as though not a day has passed- to the point that we're bickering and joking within the hour. 

I love that when something is bothering one of us we're not afraid to call each other out on it and be like, "dude, don't do that, you're being a jerk right now" and we don't hold a grudge or beat around the bush. We're both in school and way too stressed to act childishly, so when something is wrong, we deal with it upfront. 

I love that even though we've been together for almost 7 years, we've had our ups and we've definitely had our downs, we know more than ever that we're meant for each other and we're not going anywhere. Even though we're doing long distance and it sucks, we know that its what is best for us and that we can do it because believe it or not, we've been through worse. And I love that in about 3 months he's going to officially be my husband, even though pretty much everyone considers us married already. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • There's so many things he does that makes me feel special and loved...

He always takes out the garbage and recycling- it's a chore I hate doing.

He loves our cats and doesn't mind the silly things I make us do for them, like brush their teeth or take them outside on leashes or teaching them to "sit." We're even using our free engagement session to have some formal pics taken with the boys. (They have bowties for the occasion!)

I'm vegan and he's omnivorous and when we first got together, we were long distance. He'd tell me about how he'd be reading labels to see if I could eat something and I wasn't even there. One of my favorite cute memories of visiting him is when I got there late at night, after leaving straight from work and skipping dinner. He had a giant plate of fruit from the dining hall waiting for me.

I go to sleep before him on weekdays and he'll come up to tuck me in and spend a few minutes in bed with me. We'll do crosswords together or just talk and he always lets me have that time.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Erica - I agree with you about loving the cats.  I don't go quite as far as you do, but FI is allergic to cats...well, I have a Siamese, so she doesn't bother him.  But my Ragdoll (she's his favorite) makes his allergies go crazy, but he is willing to take alergy pills.  Makes me love him even more!!

I'd like to see pics of your babies in their tuxes!!

Random - that's so sweet that he checks ingredients for you.  Most men just wouldn't do that.   It is nice to fall asleep together, isn't it?
    Anniversary
  • Great topic.

I love my husband for a multitude of reasons.  He's honest, intelligent, kind, funny, compassionate, and unbelievably handsome.  There are huge reasons (he's an awesome dad, a great spouse, an amazing son-in-law) but then there's the little things...

He always draws a bath for me in the morning so I can get an extra 5 minutes of sleep.  

When we're apart he misses me as much as I miss him.  

He always turns the lights off... and the air conditioning on.

He suprises me with flowers not because he's done something wrong, but just because.

and most of all, he loves me for who I am.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_i-love-him-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:3fc7b612-f1fc-421e-af8c-88137b955731Post:aa955d41-b219-4d31-87ba-d6b1a305f4e2">Re: I love him because......</a>:
    [QUOTE]Great topic. I love my husband for a multitude of reasons.  He's honest, intelligent, kind, funny, compassionate, and unbelievably handsome.  There are huge reasons (he's an awesome dad, a great spouse, an amazing son-in-law) but then there's the little things... He always draws a bath for me in the morning so I can get an extra 5 minutes of sleep.   When we're apart he misses me as much as I miss him.   He always turns the lights off... and the air conditioning on. He suprises me with flowers not because he's done something wrong, but just because<strong>. and most of all, he loves me for who I am.  </strong>
    Posted by rhondaer[/QUOTE]

<div>That's the main thing, isn't it. that they love us for who we are!</div>
    Anniversary
  • Great thread - can I chime in?

First of all, he is rubbing my feet as I type this :-)

I recently started working with a personal trainer. Earlier today i struggled through my "workout homework" with some obvious frustration and an overall lack of grace. FI accompanied me through this and told me afterward that he is proud of me.

Both of our dogs have abuse/neglect histories and therefore are kind of "special needs" to this day. He is the only other person our dogs trust and are attached to equally and the only other person I would want taking care of my puppy besides me.

Very excited to be married in just about a month!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love my FI because he allows me to be me... .and when I freak out he brings me back to reality.  He laughs with me and at me, and always challenges me to be better!! Most of all because he is my best friend and confidant; I can't imagine my life without him by my side!!!!
  • I love him because...

He keeps me centered. He can tell if I'm having an "off" day (like yesterday) and he will do whatever it takes to make it better (foot rub, funny faces, etc) He has no problems acting a fool if it makes me smile.

He is so thoughtful. He brings me flowers for no reasons. He scrapes the frost off my car so I don't have to do it before work... and he's been known to drive to his mom's house to shovel a walkway and clear her car as well... 

He strives every day to be better and he pushes me to be my best. He is amazing partner and will be an awesome husband and father.
  • Oh this is a FABULOUS topic!

I love Joe because he is so thoughtful of me and my needs or wants. He opens doors for me all the time and just wants to make sure I'm taken care of at all times.

I love him because he works so hard for us and the life we want for ourself even though it would be so much easier for him to just work an easier job with less strain and stress. (He works in construction)

I also love him because at the age of 20 he dropped out of school cut back his hours at work and dropped almost his whole life to take care of his mother after a terrible motorcycle accident which then found out she had cancer. He is now 23 and is just getting his life back in order and finally finished school. His older brother did not step up at the time and actually did not help him or her with anything until about a year ago. FI really stepped up and became a man at this point and I feel like the way he treated his mother is the way I would want to be treated. I love him for doing what he had to do and for being so selfless during that situation.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_i-love-him-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:3fc7b612-f1fc-421e-af8c-88137b955731Post:01f4ee05-4240-4dea-847c-2aecf851f096">Re: I love him because......</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh this is a FABULOUS topic! I love Joe because he is so thoughtful of me and my needs or wants. He opens doors for me all the time and just wants to make sure I'm taken care of at all times. I love him because he works so hard for us and the life we want for ourself even though it would be so much easier for him to just work an easier job with less strain and stress. (He works in construction) I also love him because at the age of 20 he dropped out of school cut back his hours at work and dropped almost his whole life to take care of his mother after a terrible motorcycle accident which then found out she had cancer. He is now 23 and is just getting his life back in order and finally finished school. His older brother did not step up at the time and actually did not help him or her with anything until about a year ago. FI really stepped up and became a man at this point and I feel like the way he treated his mother is the way I would want to be treated. I love him for doing what he had to do and for being so selfless during that situation.
    Posted by mancila60[/QUOTE]

WOW!!  Just WOW!!  Sounds like you really have a keeper there!!
    Anniversary
  • To give a silly example, the last time I called my FI on skype (we're long distance), he answered dancing outrageously and singing 'Moves Like Jagger'.... shirtless.  (He is a plus-size fellow who's a bit self-concious, so it's uncommon to see him go around without a shirt even at home).

It was about the goofiest thing I have ever seen, and as I was cracking up I was just thinking, 'OH GOD I LOVE YOU SO MUCH'.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards