Texas-Houston
Options

Wedding Venue

Hello everyone :) my name is Susan. My fiance, Shane, and I are college students and looking for a beautiful, but afforable wedding venue for the end of Dec 2013. We are looking at a $5000-8000 budget for 150 people and we don't want an outside wedding. I've been looking around for cheap venues, but it seems everything is 10,000+! We are getting discouraged and I just decided maybe my fellow brides could help me out with some tips? :) We want an evening wedding in the Houston area. Someone please tell me this is possible?! :)

Re: Wedding Venue

• Options
    Are you wanting to do a Saturday night? If you are willing to do Friday, that will probably be significantly easier on your budget. I know my sister got a discount from her venue, her DJ and her caterer for having her wedding on a Friday night rather than a Saturday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    Look at the Gallery... also I am doing a Sunday evening wedding and it is WAY cheaper!!
  • Options
    I am getting married in Conroe at Heather's Glen. I know it's a little farther outside of Houston but you might look into it! Or my sister got married in Tomball at Ella's Garden and it was nice too! An easy way to cute back on costs would bo to eliminate alcohol (if thats something you would consider). I have other ideas, just let me know what your vision is! VIntage, Modern, Classic? Pinterest has alot of DIY ideas for things as well!
    ~Happy Wife.... Happy Life~
  • Options
    I was in your same position. There is one on south main and 610. She has 2. The smaller one holds 150 people and the larger one is 300. She gave me the smaller one for 850 with decorations. originally 1100 but I talked her down. It's called joys place and she has a website. They both have a kitchen and 2 bathrooms. The larger one is gorgeous but the smaller one is very nice too!
  • Options
    You should take a look at www.TownHallTexas.com. 5 miles east of The Woodlands mall. Rustic/western venue, 10 acres, 3,000sqft barn, 1.5 acre pond - 2 outdoor ceremony sites (1 is located on an island in the middle of the pond (seats up to 150). $6,498 for up to 100($15/ea after 100) guests for all day Saturday or $5,498 for up to 50. They are flexible and can work with you on the rate, etc. Although the hall only seats 150, they have 10 acres and an outdoor reception with DJ/dancing, buffet food line and bar served inside the barn would be amazing! Good luck!
  • Options
    There are two that I like: Signature Manor and Heights Villa. I know Signature Manor is in your budget, not sure about Heights Villa, but both are GORGEOUS!
    Wedding Website: www.marcusandorjanel.com Save the Date Commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE0OOnirn14&noredirect=1 Wedding Date: August 24, 2013!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards