March 2012 Weddings
Options

Please help me not freak out

Our (planned) reception venue is a city auditorium that is in the process of being redone.  It's a very old building that is not handicap accessible at all.  Not a problem for anyone that would be attending our wedding but we offered to build a temporary ramp anyway to avoid conflict.  Today the City Attorney finally got back to the City Council & recommended that they NOT let us have our reception there b/c the building is not ADA compliant (yet) & the City has been sued previously for other facilities (swimming pool, ball park).  Here's the thing, this is a private event.  Fund raisers & public meetings have been held at this building w/o ramps or accessibility to bathrooms (the most recent of which was in October).  We've offered to get a port-a-potty that is handicap accessible, along with building a temporary ramp & they are suppose to be getting back to us.  I'm just really upset b/c they told us this would not be an issue esp if we put on our invitations that the building is not ADA compliant or something along those lines.  The only other reception venue option in our area is a hideous metal building that everyone else uses.  It's sooooo ugly!!  We are less than 4 months away from our wedding & possibly w/o a reception venue....please send good vibes/advice my way. 
image March 2012 Bride Siggy Challenge

Re: Please help me not freak out

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards