Colorado-Denver

Cake cake cake

Does anyone have good suggestions for good and inexpensive wedding cakes? We are looking to feed about 200, and are having a hell of a time finding a decent price. Thanks!

Re: Cake cake cake

• edited December 2011
    We are going with the Bagel Bakery in Thornton. If i remember right their price is $3.00 per person. But I am not totally 100% on that price.

http://www.thebagelbakery.net/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Also have you looked on Http://.Denver.Criagslist.org There are people who bake out of their homes who offer doing wedding cakes.

Best of l uck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Kischa with Simplicity Cakes, some girls have apparently had issues with her (although everyone has customers who like them, and those who dont) but she has been great with us! We went to so many bakeries and not only were their cakes by far the best, the were the cheapest! I think it was $2.50-$3.00 per person.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm considering using Cake Crumbs Bakery. Their cupcakes are delicious (that's the route I'm going). Not totally sure about cost, but the reviews I've read are all very positive and say they are very budget friendly.
  • erina16erina16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Das Meyer in Arvada is delicious. They have free cake tasting every Saturday (and you don't need an appointment!) They quoted me $535 base price for a cake that will feed 200.
  • eowyneowyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Azucar off Hampden and Margorie is fabulous!  I'm paying $700 (approx) for about 225 people and that includes her delivery fee, taxes and everything.  Her cake is the best I've tried and she does a kick a$$ flan!
  • jj_5150jj_5150 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we have a meeting with a lady today that does them out of her home. So far she has been awesome to work with and he cakes look really good. She quoted me about $400.00 dollars for a teired cake to feed about 200 people, and that included the decoration of the cake that was on the base price and it was going to go up depending on how much decor we wanted. Im so far very happy with contacting her about her cakes because i was not looking foward to spending $1600 on a cake. here is her website
    www.totallybakedchefllc.com
    good luck in your cake hunt :)
  • edited December 2011
    I would not suggest using Simpicity Cakes.  We are having MAJOR issues with them and I would highly recommend someone else.  They have amazing prices and supposedly amazing cakes, but it's pretty hard to make that determination when they never take the time to return phones calls....even AFTER paying the $100 deposit for the cake!  I would recommend Das Meyer, I know they are pricey, but they are devine.  I only wish we could afford to get our cake form there.  We are now toying with the idea of making our OWN cake since our current baker appears to only be good on paper and not in person....good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards