Georgia-Atlanta

HELP!

Ok, is it just me or is it really really expensive to get married in atlanta???? My budget for the ENTIRE wedding is 1500!! I am looking for a place to hold my wedding and reception that is under 300. That is looking overwhelmingly impossible!!! I live in the Villa Rica/Douglasville area. If anyone knows of any places that are even near my price range please let me know. I dont care about it being a fancy all inclusive place. We have a baker in the family who is doing the cake and catering. I just need a classy place to get married that isnt going to cost an arm and a leg. ANY ideas are welcome!!! THANKS!!!!

Re: HELP!

• dombygatenbydombygatenby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are getting married in a church or would consider that, see if you can use the church's facilities. You could also see about renting a pavilion at a park. How many guests will you have?
  • pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could visit state parks. Many of them allow private use of their facilities for little to no cost. Also look into places such as town halls and community centers. And, although this seems obvious, if you know anyone with a well groomed back yard you may be able to take advantage of that. My biggest suggestion would be to hold the ceremony and reception outdoors - that way you don't need many (if any) decorations. Happy planning!
  • KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may want to check into Douglasville Cultural Center. I think it's pretty reasonable to hold it there.
  • katiwall88katiwall88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the ideas! I am new to the area so I dont know where anything is or what is available to me here. its overwhelming!!! The douglasville Cultural arts center is 600 for a friday event...and thats the cheapest I have found so far. I am going to check into the state park and community center thing. i cant use a church because we are different religions so i wouldnt really know how to make his mormon family comfortable in a baptist church and I wouldnt be comfortable  getting married in a Mormon church either... so that complicates things a bit.
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at the Douglasville Cultural Arts Center, and the rental is lower if you do it on a Sunday. But it was still over $300. Good luck finding something you can work with!
    ~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards