Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Whitestrips

What is everyone using to whiten their teeth?  I have 18 days and the 2 viles I got from the dentist did nothing.   I'm going today to get more but I want to know what people have used that work.

Re: Whitestrips

• Options
    I use white strips and I've always gotten good results. Theyre quick, cheap, convenient, and they work really well.
  • Options
    I searched on the internet what worked best and everyone was saying mix
    1 tsp baking soda
    dash salt
    and a few drops of vinegar 

and brush with it for 2 minutes, then brush with your regular tooth paste. Tried it last night and I could see a big difference, I will be doing it for the rest of the week!
    BabyName Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_whitestrips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:7ffc1b93-d5e2-4727-afb9-08a2613647e3Post:c57100fa-8ee5-4b17-9a9c-226f33619b07">Re: Whitestrips</a>:
    [QUOTE]I searched on the internet what worked best and everyone was saying mix 1 tsp baking soda dash salt and a few drops of vinegar  and brush with it for 2 minutes, then brush with your regular tooth paste. Tried it last night and I could see a big difference, I will be doing it for the rest of the week!
    Posted by tiffhiam[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow really?  What is dash salt?  Maybe I will try that first since Matt is not really having the whitestrips.</div>
  • Options
    I just use the Crest Advanced White Strips. I feel that this work best, and they dont make my teeth sensitive. One night I even fell asleep with them in and my teeth were fine the next day.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_whitestrips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:7ffc1b93-d5e2-4727-afb9-08a2613647e3Post:5c1a6782-b8f2-4df2-8a54-8f267c7d249b">Re: Whitestrips</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whitestrips : Wow really?  <strong>What is dash salt?</strong>  Maybe I will try that first since Matt is not really having the whitestrips.
    Posted by aukelly[/QUOTE]

Unless it's something I haven't heard of or it's Mrs. Dash salt, I'm assuming it's a dash <em>of </em>salt. Like a pinch.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_whitestrips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:7ffc1b93-d5e2-4727-afb9-08a2613647e3Post:fabb3cca-ed29-450a-8471-8ad0f934cfe6">Re: Whitestrips</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just use the Crest Advanced White Strips. I feel that this work best, and they dont make my teeth sensitive. One night I even fell asleep with them in and my teeth were fine the next day.
    Posted by Starfishbride5[/QUOTE]

<div>I just bought these and I can't wait to try them! I did professional strength whitening once and it worked great. The second time my teeth were so sensitive I was in such excruciating pain I needed to stay home from work for two days until the pain went away! SO bad!</div><div>
    </div><div>I like the vinegar/baking soda brush-- that sounds like a good option too!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://destination.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_whitestrips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:7ffc1b93-d5e2-4727-afb9-08a2613647e3Post:c57100fa-8ee5-4b17-9a9c-226f33619b07">Re: Whitestrips</a>:
    [QUOTE]I searched on the internet what worked best and everyone was saying mix 1 tsp baking soda dash salt and a few drops of vinegar  and brush with it for 2 minutes, then brush with your regular tooth paste. Tried it last night and I could see a big difference, I will be doing it for the rest of the week!

Wow that's great. I'll have to try it. I used the crest strips and my teeth got so sensitive I couldn't drink nothing cold or hot. Recently I changed toothpaste and I've noticed a huge improvement, in the sensitivity, so now I'm afraid to start using the strips again. But I'm def going to try this. Thanks.

Wedding Bio

New Married Blog
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker ~Pamela&Steven~6.25.2011~PuntaCana,DR~ image
  • Options
    I am going to Target this week to buy crest whitestrips...its on my list!
  • Options
    Well I guess I will go get some whitestrips today.  I read the reviews for the 3d strips and most people said they didn't work.  So I'll try the advanced ones.  

Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    I stopped using the "hippie toothpaste" (Tom's) and it's made a huge difference already, haha.  I do the dentists stuff and I'm also going to do the instant whitening right before the wedding.  They're doing a deal here where it's only 100 at one office.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_whitestrips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:7ffc1b93-d5e2-4727-afb9-08a2613647e3Post:c353b327-7d6c-4fd4-8353-ec563bb8f69c">Re: Whitestrips</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whitestrips : Unless it's something I haven't heard of or it's Mrs. Dash salt, I'm assuming it's a dash of salt. Like a pinch.
    Posted by hwkeyebrideinstl[/QUOTE]

Yes just a dash of salt. =)
    BabyName Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I got some from the dentist it was $100 for 10 trays and I've been using 1 a week plus the Crest White strips once a week and it's made a big difference!
    My Bio
    Updated 6.8.11

Our Website
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_whitestrips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:7ffc1b93-d5e2-4727-afb9-08a2613647e3Post:3e09158b-867d-41ac-ad64-23aff3d06350">Re: Whitestrips</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whitestrips : Yes just a dash of salt. =)

<div>HAHA!  I googled dash salt. There is a such a thing. :)</div>
  • Options
    I use the Crest 3D White toothpaste and I think it definitely helps, but I need a little more...

I am going to try that baking soda concotion tonight!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    (just had some crazy Knot error and my post went on the inland empire California board, woops) This is what it said:

I wanna try that baking soda recipe too, I have the crest 3d advanced ones, but I must have super sensitive teeth cuz even just after 30 minutes my teeth are in pain for a day or two, even cold air hurts. They don't bother FI as much though. I dread having to start using them again.
  • Options
    I'm sure you've already bought them, but I used one of the basic Crest ones, can't remember which one off the top of my head--maybe I've done a few of them and they worked great!  I plan on picking a pack up in a week or two to start for my b-pic shoot--even though my teeth are pretty white, I just want to brighten them!

Good Luck..the professional grade stuff from my dentist killed my mouth, I couldn't use it!
  • Options

I'm using a pre-rinse from Listerine.  My teeth are sensitive, so I'm going to use this and then try the strips when it gets closer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards