California-Bay Area

wedding dress shopping

I wanted to start wedding dress shopping soon. Do you guys have any suggestions about which are the best bridal salons to go to?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: wedding dress shopping

• GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a fan of the Priscilla of Boston in SF where I bought my dress.  I had amazing service there.  I also liked going to David's Bridal in Colma; if you go in the middle of a weekday, they give you attention.  I do NOT recommend Bridal Galleria at the Embarcadero Center.  I had an arrogant consultant who didn't bring me anything I liked.
  • edited December 2011
    The girl at Bridal Galleria at the Embarcadero Center, while she couldn't help me, was super nice and pointed me in the right direction, which was Glamor Closet, which is kind of right down the street from there.  They sell sample size gowns.  It's where I bought mine, and I am in love with it.  They set me up with a tailor and were super nice. Highly recommended.
    Final Siggy Challenge: Favorite photo with FI
    At the Apple Orchard
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess people have different experiences at the Bridal Galleria.  I had a French woman as my consultant, and she wasn't very nice until I showed interest in buying something.  I was so disappointed with the way she treated me, I actually complained and let them know about it.  I also mentioned it cost them my business and I instead bought my dress from Priscilla.  All of this happened back in April of this year.  Maybe they're trying to offer better service now.
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't mind the commute, Trudy's Bridal in the San Jose area is great. 

I tried Glamour Closet but everything there was way too big (mostly size 10-12), and the few dresses that were smaller had snags in the chiffon or missing beads.  Maybe I went on a bad day.
  • edited December 2011
    Gesinee's Bridal in Concord is really good.
    I got my dress at Blossom's in the Stoneridge mall, not really good service but the price and variety were great.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Whichever shop you go to, make sure you have an appointment.
    I went to David's Bridal in Pinole and the girl was okay but pushy. I had a really small budget and she was trying to get me to buy this last in stock gown for $200. I liked it but didn't love it. I ended up getting another dress I tried on through their online store, for 75% off when they had their $99 sale  :)
    ~~~Lynsey~~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards