South Asian Weddings

Questionable Outfits

On my way home today I saw sort of indecent outfits.

One was a woman in a kameez and tights.  Not leggings, tights.  Not opaque.  It was windy, and you could see everything.

The second was a woman in a short kurta (hipbone, above the crotch), which she had paired with a fleece (it was windy and chilly, after all) and a non-matching silwar that was white super thin cotton that was basically transparent in daylight.  Again, it left nothing to the imagination

Re: Questionable Outfits

• edited December 2011
    Haha I am not sure whether to put this in the "awesome" category or in the "Holy crap, what were they thinking" one. I think a combo of the two. Perhaps it was laundry day for both women and they were scraping together an outfit?
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011

I've seen worse in western wear. I think they were trying to go maybe for a combination look? Either way it was probably either, "I don't care what I look like I need to get XYZ" or " I'm hot stuff in this outfit"

• temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My area is not known for high fashion.  Most of the time you see people in business casual going to or from work or fleece-clad people doing outdoors stuff.  Silwar kameez and saris (paired with fleeces) are also really common, but this is the first time I've seen transparent bottom halves.  There was a laundry day and-that's-all-I-have left feel about the woman in tights.  The other one seemed blissfully unaware of how much she was showing.
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mouth is hanging wide open!  All it takes is a look in the mirror!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards