May 2013 Weddings
Options

Future in-laws were here, got some things figured out

So, my future in-laws came down on Sat to hang out, have dinner, and bonfire.  Their visit ended up being an overnighter, but it was good to see them and spend some time together without the rest of their family around.

We went to show them our ceremony venue, and they really liked it.  And, there had been a wedding there earlier in the day,so as we were walking around, the chair rental place came to pick up chairs and were able to answer quite a few questions for us and give us some suggestions, which was really nice.

We also got somewhat of an answer on our rehearsal dinner.  It's not the option I was hoping for, but my FI seems ok with it, so I guess I'll let it go.  They would rather do a BBQ or catered meal at our house or a park instead of going out to where we wanted to have the event.  I guess it saves money, but I'm a little bummed about it.  Especially since we'll be doing 2 events back-to-back.  Meaning, since our wedding is on a Sunday, we were planning on inviting everyone who is in town for the weekend to hang out at our house on Sat evening.  The rehearsal dinner will be Fri, so we will have 2 nights in a row of hanging out, BBQ, etc.  I'm really hoping that the park space I've been thinking about is available and isn't too expensive so we can at least take people off-site for one of the 2 events.

Re: Future in-laws were here, got some things figured out

• Options
    Im glad you were able to get some answers/feedback and I think its great that your FMIL and FFIL are offering up the RD. Ours will not be, so that's on our dime. Of course that has its good side and bad. Good being that I can choose what I want to do. Bad being that I have to pay for it. 

I think the park is a great idea. My brother did this and it was suuuper. 
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards