Texas-Houston

Venues

I am trying to find a venue, in the houston area.  I am trying to stay in a tight budget, since we are paying for the wedding ourselves.  I need a place that will hold around 200 people, I also need somewhere to have a ceremony.  I would love to have my ceremony outside. So any great ideas will help.

thanks guys!
.... He finally asked.... Victoria + Scott Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venues

• edited December 2011
    What side of town?
  • edited December 2011
    Well almost all my family lives in pasadena, so anywhere like Clear Lake or Galleria, Downtown, is good with me.  Katy, Tomball etc, is too far.
  • edited December 2011
    A lot of brides on a tight budget have done the Heights Fire Station and its beautiful. UH chapel is pretty and good prices.  I know if your a student or alum you get a discount. 
  • edited December 2011
    i looked into the Cadillac Bar and I read information on the Houston Heights Firehouse, I felt like maybe they had a lot of rules lol, but I guess I will have to go look at it, I know that you can't decorate according to what I read online.
  • loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bradys Landing has the option for outside ceremony, inside reception, their cypress room accomodates 200 guests with dancing, http://www.bradyslandingrestaurant.com/banquets.html

The Admiral Clear Lake (http://www.theadmiralonclearlake.com/) accomodates 250 people, $3,000 for a Friday, $5,000 for a Satuday, right now they have 50% off select 2010 dates (not sure if you're date will be this year or next)....

White house ranch in Friendswood has outdoor ceremony option, (http://www.thewhitehouseranch.com/) reception area (inside the house) accomodates 200 guests. They allow outside alcohol.

• rrogers24rrogers24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can also try Courtyard on St. James Place.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your help, I will look into all these. =)
  • edited December 2011
    The House Plantation... They provide everything even have centerpieces you can use.. They are very helpful too
    Photobucket We're Married!!!!
  • kelbel3kakelbel3ka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married in Galveston and think that downtown (strand area) would be a great place to celebrate your wedding. We had a huge wedding (300 people) so we used a big venue called the Tremont House (pretty pricey). 

My brother and sister-in-law just opened up a venue called the Bienville Social which accommodates about 150 people. It is located a block away from the strand and it is designed for smaller more intimate wedding receptions and rehearsal dinners. It is very well priced and gorgeous! The website is www.bienvillesocial.com and if you are interested in getting more information about the location (price, date, time, etc) please request to speak with Jene Adler and let her know that Kelly Adler Dimmick referred you to the website. 

Good luck with the rest of your wedding plans!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards