Michigan-Lansing

**MGLI2006**

Hey, I was wondering who the other knottie ended up being that did b-pics with Jill! I just read that you had a good time, and I'm glad bc I did too! Have you gotten your gallery & are you happy with your pics? You could tell I wasn't super comfortable in the first couple, but she took so many & I can't believe how many I like!

I also see you hired the makeup artist (Angela?). I really loved her airbrushing, and I'm tempted to hire her, even though I have a salon booked...can you give me an idea of her pricing?

Anyway, I just had to give you a shout out...it's going to be hard for me to keep these a secret until the wedding! :)
~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image

Re: **MGLI2006**

• edited December 2011
    Hey! Yes, I LOVEd the photoshoot! I was also pretty uncomfortable for the first couple, but I you can't really tell in the photos. I was shocked with what a quick turn around Jill had. Of the seemingly millions of photos she took, she had 90 online for me to view and I chose like 62 of them for the book. Some of them are just the B&W version of the same color photo though and I told her just to decide. She's the professional, she knows what she's doing.

Angela was AWESOME!! I apparently am a stressed out bride who cries on any whim. I think someone complemented me on my ring, and I started crying, among soooo many other crying moments that day. lol. I stressed and I was nervous for the shoot. Anywho, my makeup held up through all that and I was SOLD! I also had already booked another makeup artist and I felt bad cancelling with them, but the fact is that that person was going to use regular makeup, and a brand I'd never used, and I have very sensitive skin. So the whole combination just turned into a bust for me. Good thing that Angela was available on my wedding day! yay! I think she said it's $120 for the bride (that includes the trial so it's really like $60 trial and $60 day of, if that makes sense), then $40 for anyone else. If you have more than a total of 5 (i believe this is including the bride), then the cost goes down a bit. We'll have a total of 6 and I'm not sure what the price will be exactly.

Is Jill your wedding day photographer? She is so awesome! I was interested in here for our wedding but when we contacted her about it she had already been booked for our date for like 2 years. lol. June weddings. jeez. lol. We did find a GREAT photographer though and we totally love him.

When is your wedding day? How long do you have to keep the book a secret?

Thanks for letting me know about the shoot!! I would've never done it if you hadn't posted something on here. THANKS!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey there, sorry for such a late reply! Jill is my photographer. I met her like 15 months before the date and luckily she was still available! I'm getting married September 11...the only away football weekend in September! So, only a few more months to keep the secret! Are you getting married this June? It's coming so fast!

I should contact Angela to see if she's still available. My makeup at the salon will only be $25, but I do worry about it lasting for 12+ hours!

And you're welcome about the shoot! I just got my book proof from Jill, and I'm so excited! There's only a couple pictures I liked she didn't get in, and I'm trying to decide if it's worth fussing with.
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards