So our wedding has come and gone and I would just like to take this time to review all of our vendors for you fellow SD brides
Please post which vendors you're using for the following:
- Venue- Rancho Valencia in Rancho Santa Fe, California. This was a great venue that really worked with our budget and provided excellent catering service. Meals were anywhere between $65-$90. With the super premium bar at $42/per person per hour. We had a 28 person guest list and a $7000 f&b min. The catering coordinator was a little hard to touch base with at times but overall, I'd give this place a 4.75 out of 5. It's gorgeous, elegant and tucked away
- Coordinator- Thomas Bui Lifestyle. This event designer is the man. He can make all your dreams come true of being a princess on the day of your wedding. Yes, it will cost you but, it will be the BEST money you ever spent on your wedding. Thomas ended up saving us more money then we actually ended up paying him and he was the best. Even the workers, guests, and other vendors were raving about what an awesome job Thomas and his crew did. I rate Thomas 10 stars out of 5, he rocked!
- DJ- Tim Altbaum Productions. We hired TAP productions to do our wedding and Effran was our DJ. He played a great mix of songs and guests of all ages loved the music. He didnt try to be the life of the party either. My only complaint was that he did have a few little bloopers when doing some announcements. 4 out of 5 stars.
- Florist-Isari Floral Studio. Tam Ashworth is the best florist in San Diego, IMO. Her work isn't cheap but, it's beautiful. If you dream it, Tam can create it. Just like Thomas, Tam is a true visionary and can make any princess dream come true. No limits and didn't skimp on a single thing at the wedding. Very warm and friendly as well. 5 out 5 stars!
- Cake -Cake was provided by Kimberly at Cake. Excellent presentation and taste. Very professional. 5 out of 5 stars.
- Officiant-Bob Stevens. Was awesome provided us with lots of direction/ideas and even wore a tuxedo for our wedding. Very affordable. 5 out of 5 stars!
- Hair Stylist- Brides by Joie. Joie is great. I went for a trial run and she told me everything I needed to do to prep my hair pre-wedding. I followed her advice and my hair feels like it's taken an 180 degree turn. She did a partial up do for my wedding and did an excellent job with my extensions as well. Very kind and sweet! Affordable. 5 out 5 stars!
- Make-up Artist- James Overstreet. James has a real gift for doing makeup and had me laughing the entire session. He is very talented and doesn't put lots of makeup on but tends to bring out you're natural beauty. James was excellent and affordable. Also gave me lip product for touch up and applied fake eyelashes! 5 out of 5 stars.
- Invitations-Vanessa at Alchemy Fine Events. Vanessa was a little tough to work with at first and it took us awhile to get an idea figured out on the invites. I paid her $1300 to do my invitations, escort cards, programs and menus. She did 60 invites with a simple chandelier and 30 menu, programs and escort cards. She forgot 2 escort cards and didn't offer to overnight them so I had to drive 30 minutes out of my way the day before the wedding to pick them up. She also spelled Vodka on the menu wrong but, it was too late to change. Overall, I didnt think she paid much attention to detail and her prices were much to high for what I was getting. I actually ended up having to make a second round of invites because of delivery issues and purchased them from Michaels Arts and Crafts and thought they were nicer. 2 out of 5 stars.