Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Heartstrings Bridal

Has anyone used them? I don't want to completely flame them since this wasn't my expirence, but I wanted to share just because it really makes me mad.

So my brother's FI ordered her dress from Heartstrings, and she, her sister and I were in the actual store when her sister and I were trying on bridesmaid dresses, and the two girls on the floor who were helping us were very nice, so I have nothing bad to say about them.

My mom is making a lace shrug to match the dress for the ceremony (it's in an old church in Ireland so FSIL wanted to cover her shoulders for the ceremony). So they order extra lace and trim to go with the dress. This was in January. So the order comes in last month, and it's not the lace at all, it's a completely differnt fabric, and not near the amount of trim that was ordered. They don't apologize at all, but they do say that they'll be able to get the lace ordered in time for the wedding. Well they found out a few weeks ago that it won't come in before the wedding at all. Again, no apologies, no trying to find another supplier who has the lace, nothing.

So my mom calls the seamstress who is doing the alterations (who's name she is going send me later, she couldn't remember off the top of her head), and the woman doesn't call her back for 2 weeks. When she finally does, she says she won't be done for another 2 weeks. This means that my FSIL will not get her dress until 2 weeks before they have to leave for Ireland, and my mom will only have 2 weeks to make the shrug, *if* there is even enough fabric left. At this point I told my mom to tell FSIL to go get her dress and take it to someone who can get it done earlier (the seamstress has had the dress for over a month now!), but she had to pay in full before the alterations were even done. I've never heard of that before (if this is the norm nowadays please let me know).

I just feel so bad for my FSIL because they have enough to deal with planning a wedding overseas, but now she's worried about getting her dress in time! I just wanted to see what other people's expriences were and to for sure give a heads up about their seamstress.

Re: Heartstrings Bridal

• Options
    MaggieandJakeMaggieandJake member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any experience with them dress-wise, but we've ordered our chair cpvers/sashes and tuxes from them.  We've had nothing but great customer service with them so far-and very accommodating especially since I'm planning from out of state.

I'm sorry you had such an unpleasant experience with them.  Hopefully you'll get everything worked out for your FSIL.
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry you had a bad experience.  I haven't heard great things about the seamstress.  I bought my dress from there in January, haven't gotten it yet, but I loved the staff there.
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, the girls working in the actual store were really great, I think it's just the managment and seamstress that sound like they are not very customer service friendly, to put it nicely. I would avoid the seamstress - anyone who asks for complete payment for services up front seems really sketchy to me.
  • Options
    Rebecca7911Rebecca7911 member
    edited December 2011
    I ordered my dress from there and had a great experience with them. There was one person that did not have a great attitude but other than that I was happy with them. I am not using their seamstress though. I am using Louise because of all the great reviews.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP.  I bought my dress from them and had a great experience but their seamstress seemed overpriced so I booked with Louise.  I'm just waiting for the dress to come in! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i went there and wasnt impressed. the thing that i hated the most is i found a dress that i reallllly liked. my sister (also my MOH) lives in England and i wanted to take a pic of it and have her look at it before i bought it. the sales person would said it is their policy that you cannot take a picture of yourself in the dress unless you buy it first.

i was annoyed and ended up buying the exact same dress at another store that allowed me to take a pic and send it to my sister. also got a better price at another store for the same dress.

Not impressed with them at all. 
  • Options
    AshleyJohnsenAshleyJohnsen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from Heartstrings...it just came in.  I was planning to use their seamstress.  Who is Louise????!!!

• Options
    MaggieandJakeMaggieandJake member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_heartstrings-bridal-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:33275d17-ec1a-480a-9f05-7569e0671287Post:95defa01-5a05-445c-b517-fa073311eb3e">Re: Heartstrings Bridal</a>:
    [QUOTE]i went there and wasnt impressed. the thing that i hated the most is i found a dress that i reallllly liked. my sister (also my MOH) lives in England and i wanted to take a pic of it and have her look at it before i bought it. t<strong>he sales person would said it is their policy that you cannot take a picture of yourself in the dress unless you buy it first</strong>. i was annoyed and ended up buying the exact same dress at another store that allowed me to take a pic and send it to my sister. also got a better price at another store for the same dress. Not impressed with them at all. 
    Posted by mollymcshea[/QUOTE]

<div>Oddly enough, this is a somewhat common practice of many boutiques.  The store I bought my dress in (in IA-unrelated to Heartstrings) had the same policy.  It has something to do with protecting the designer from you taking the picture to a seamstress and having the "same" dress made by them. </div>
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_heartstrings-bridal-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:33275d17-ec1a-480a-9f05-7569e0671287Post:b441cf31-0c19-4caa-8b49-5a9f1806e71c">Re: Heartstrings Bridal</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought my dress from Heartstrings...it just came in.  I was planning to use their seamstress.  Who is Louise????!!!
    Posted by AshleyJohnsen[/QUOTE]

<div>I would STRONGLY urge you NOT to use their seamstress. My mother, who has been a seamstress all her life, was so appauled by the way this woman treated her, and how unprofessional she was, that she was really shaken up by the whole exprience. And my mom does not get like that easily. </div><div>
    </div><div>The seamstress's name is Venecia Fri<font face="'Segoe UI', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif" class="Apple-style-span" color="#2A2A2A"><span style="line-height:17px;" class="Apple-style-span">ck. She will have had my FSIL's dress for 3 months by the time she's finally done with it.</span></font></div><div><font face="'Segoe UI', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif" size="2" class="Apple-style-span" color="#2A2A2A"><span style="line-height:17px;" class="Apple-style-span">
    </span></font></div><div><font face="'Segoe UI', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif" size="2" class="Apple-style-span" color="#2A2A2A"><span style="line-height:17px;" class="Apple-style-span">I would recommend using someone that has good recommendations on this board. </span></font></div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards