Colorado-Denver
Options

New to the board - need catering help!

Hi ladies!

I am new to the board (and newly engaged!) and I am planning an Estes Park wedding in May 2012.  I need some help choosing a caterer!

Here are my choices so far:
Three Tomatoes Catering
Fiona's Deli & Catering
Front Range Catering
Hearts Desire Catering

I am concerned with the price, mostly.  I have got some quotes from some but I am planning the wedding from Des Moines, Iowa so I can't run over to Colorado to check out any food. :)  I am open to any other ideas for caterers as well!

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks everyone!

Re: New to the board - need catering help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Those aren't any of the caterers we considered, although I've heard Three Tomatoes does a good job.  We're using Biscuits & Berries (click), in case you want to check them out too.

Good luck!
  • Options
    mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've also heard good things about Three Tomatoes, but know nothing about the rest :) I know, no help!
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Three Tomatoes is good, but pricey well at least to me.  But yummy food.

Here are a couple more that i've heard good things about.

http://www.cateringbd.com/index.htm
    http://www.thefoodguy.net/

Other caterers listed here too.

http://www.gatheringguide.com/event_directory/rc/co_colorado/denver/evl_caterers_catering3.html

HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!! I really appreciate it.  I am struggling to find one in my budget.  Our venue has to clear the caterer before we book them so I am trying to find one that will work out.  Thanks for the suggestions!!
  • Options
    JessieR933JessieR933 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have a good experience with Three Tomatoes, but that could be a fluke, I haven't heard about the rest.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i've only heard about 3 tomatos becuse they do kosher catering

other than that, i'm of no help

but welcome and happy planning!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Footers Catering is great! Decent price, great food. Ask for Colbert (pronounced like the show).

Also, word of warning, The Food Guy was a preferred caterer at our old venue (we have since switched) and they were impossible to get ahold of. I sent multiple email inquiries and called. Never got a response back.
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_new-board-need-catering?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:59Discussion:edbac92b-6d6d-451f-9eba-5779b8b2e4d3Post:209eac8f-5083-4533-b34d-71b3285dd8c8">Re: New to the board - need catering help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Footers Catering is great! Decent price, great food. Ask for Colbert (pronounced like the show). Also, word of warning, <strong><font color="#ff0000">The Food Guy was a preferred caterer at our old venue (we have since switched) and they were impossible to get ahold of. I sent multiple email inquiries and called. Never got a response back.
    </font></strong>Posted by nhand2206[/QUOTE]

This is good to know, I was going to suggest them for a work event.  Thanks!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got off the phone with someone from The Food Guy so I will see the proposal I get back from them is in our price range.

Thanks for the other suggestions, ladies!  I may need some help since I am planning from afar:)
  • Options
    steffenfamsteffenfam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure how far some caterers will travel.  Estes Park is pretty far from Denver (almost 2 hours away).  Anyway, stay away from Dorothy's Catering in Loveland.  Went to a tasting and we felt it was way below average.  I've heard that Main Street Catering in Loveland is good, but have not personally used them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  I have actually a few proposals in hand from several caterers that you guys mentioned - the Food Guy actually got back to me in a few hours after I emailed and I had the proposals the same day!  I really appreciate the suggeestions!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Des Moines Bride!  I am planning a Denver wedding from the Quad Cities (Iowa/IL boarder).  We went with Cloud Nine Catering, tasted the food about two weeks ago and were very pleased.  The customer service from the owner, John, is also outstanding.  They are located in Lakewood, so I do not know if they travel to Estes or not. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards