June 2012 Weddings

Number of Programs?

How many programs are you all having in relation to the number of guests you have?  I have 201 confirmed guests, and the printer that is printing my programs told me I only need to order 1/2 to 2/3 of that number of programs because she said that not everyone will take one and that a lot of couples will just share one program.  I have 2 program attendants that will be handing out programs, so I think I should have at least 200 programs.  Just curious what the rest of you guys are doing.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Number of Programs?

• I got a program for each guest
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am doing 300 programs.... we have 313 people coming, but 37 of those are kids.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think you need one for each guest, couples and families can share one. They're nice to have but a bit of a waste since they'll get thrown out afterwards.
    I made some last year for a friend who had 150 guests and we made 120 just because that's how much card stock was in the pack. It didn't make sense to buy more.

I pretty much have one per guest but that's because for one I have a very small guest list and I had them ready for a long time without knowing the final number.
    Planning Bio Updated June 12/12 Lots of Wedding DIY Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When I worked at a stationery shop we recommended one program per couple, one per single person, and then about a dozen extras. If you have a lot of kids add a few more for them but not one each. This usually worked out without too much waste, but everyone that wants a program gets one. Guys usually don't care to take one, and kids don't each need one.
  • We ordered a couple extra. We did that because we are having an outdoor wedding and they are fans. We thought for sure everyone would want one for that reason.
    Anniversary BFP: 3/5/13 EDD: 11/14/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ours are fans with games on them so we did one for everyone, especially for kids!
  • I went with this formula (I've seen it around):

1 per couple (as guys usually don't take one)
    1 per single person
    + 12 more

You should still have a lot left over using that. 

• I think I'm going to do about 150. I know people will share and I'll still probably have extra, but I don't want to have too few and then run out.
  • i had 200 guests and i made 200 programs  i think i had about 25 left over honestly maybe more. i made them myself though so it wasnt a huge waste of$$
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards