Michigan-Lansing
Options

hair question...help

I am having two ladies standing with me. My question is concerning hair up-dos. Do I pay for their hair or do they? I haven't been in any weddings in a while, but a girlfriend of mine has been in a couple and has paid for her hair herself both times.

So just wondering, any help is appreciated.
Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: hair question...help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think since you're having just 2 ladies, it would be a nice gesture to pay for their hair as part of a gift to them. If not, in my experience it is usually the bridesmaids who pay for their own hair.

HTH!
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are requiring them to get their hair done, you should pay.  If you leave it up to them if they want it done, they can pay.

But I agree with PP that it would be a nice gesture for you to pay.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I told my girls they could decide if they wanted theirs done professionally or not but I also made sure they knew that I couldn't pay for it so if they did want it done they had to pay themselves.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also only having 2 girls stand up with me. They made it clear to me that they wanted their hair and makeup done on the wedding day and I wanted a specific company to do it (All Tressed Up). I got the vibes that they felt it was kind of pricey so I decided to pay for the their hair and makeup as my gift to them for standing in my wedding.

I also did buy cute little compact mirrors with their names engraved on them ($5/each) so they would have someting to "open" at the rehersal dinner with the guys.

I think it's a really nice gesture if you can afford it. :) Or  I agree with the posts above if you can't afford to pay for it is to give them the option of not having their hair done proffessionally.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards