Michigan-Lansing

Hi! (Introduction)

Hello ladies,

I am new to the knot and I just wanted to introduce myself. My fiance and I are getting married on June 25, 2011 in the Horticulture Gardens at MSU (South Anniversary Plaza). Our reception is at the University Club. It's great to know I can talk to other brides in my area on this board. :-)

Erika

Re: Hi! (Introduction)

• edited December 2011
    I work right next to the Horticulture Gardens, they are absolutely beautiful! Especially in June.

Nice choice and congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome! :)  I'm new to the knot too, and I just booked my wedding at the MSU Horticulture Gardens as well.  Our wedding is September 3, 2010 and we are also having our ceremony in the South Anniversary Garden.  Our reception is going to be in the conservatory in the North Garden.  I hope your planning is going well!
  • loverikaloverika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! polinkol, you'll have to let me know how the gardens work out for you! My fiance and I are both MSU alums so we know how pretty campus can be, but when we booked the garden it was all snow so it was hard to imagine beautiful flowers everywhere, haha. I hope your planning is going well, too!
  • kate51485kate51485 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married the same day at the Alumni Chapel. :) Listen for the bells ringing - that'll be our kiss!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's so funny! We looked at the chapel too but it was booked! That must have been you! There was only a late evening slot left. We are really excited for the gardens...we just hope the weather holds out! :-) Where is your reception at?
    edited December 2011
    Ah yes, we have the 2-5 slot.  The gardens were my second choice though!  Our reception is at the Kellogg Center.  I'm just patiently waiting for the calendar to speed up so I can accomplish a few more things. :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well that's awesome! We have so much in common with our wedding date/location, it's so funny that we were able to connect on a website. The Knot is pretty cool! Are you and your fiance MSU alums as well?
    edited December 2011
    Neither of us went there, but I did a lot of music stuff there in high school and I'm from Okemos so it's pretty much been a part of my entire life. :)  My parents (and a ton of extended family) both are alums though, so that was our ticket in.  Several members of FI's family have also gone there...so it works! 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh that's awesome! FI and I were both music majors, and now we are music teachers! What instrument did you play? Or do you sing?
    edited December 2011
    I played clarinet mainly, but also flute and piccolo.  He was trumpet.  FI and I met when we were young at Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp, actually. :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    omgsh I went to Blue Lake, too! What year were you there!? That is so awesome that you met your FI there! I remember having some crushes/camp boyfriends there, but it never lasted for more than a couple months afterward haha.
    edited December 2011
    loverika - I sent you a PM, check it out. :)
  • beemo1dpbeemo1dp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How cool!! Im getting married May 29th and my reception is at the Horticulture Gardens at MSU too. We are having an evening Hordeorve reception because I love the way the garden looks at night, under the lights and stars. We are doing a combination at inside and outiside the conservetory (weather permitting).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards