African American Weddings

POSTAGE!

OK ladies.....so is there a way to get around that .20 hand cancel fee?

Because that jumped my postage from .65 up to .85....and the 85 cent stamps 1 are 20 cents more and they are UGLY!
image180 Made the cut!
image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
image 7 Found something else to do
image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image

Re: POSTAGE!

• Have you asked if you could hand cancel them yourself? And with all my woes with post office, they might not even need to be hand cancelled. Just send one to your mom or yourself without hand canceling and see what it looks like. And I think you are having an inner and outer envelope right? Then they will definitely be fine. 
    Anniversary
  • MrsB do not let them sell you that lie!!! I just asked them if I could step to the side and do it myself and they were fine with it. Now be sweet! and I'd reccomend going at none peak hours 
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_postage-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:9f971184-1e55-4e34-9991-3ba8d295649cPost:8ec0061a-18d5-4e00-8a6e-61ec738cdfe5">Re: POSTAGE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you asked if you could hand cancel them yourself? And with all my woes with post office, they might not even need to be hand cancelled. Just send one to your mom or yourself without hand canceling and see what it looks like. And I think you are having an inner and outer envelope right? Then they will definitely be fine. 
    Posted by rowenac82[/QUOTE]

So if I do that and then take them to the post office and call it a day with 65 cents on it? She said it was a small fee because it wasn't machineable, but i dont know why it isnt....all it has is a belly band on it.
    image180 Made the cut!

• rowenac82rowenac82 member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_postage-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:9f971184-1e55-4e34-9991-3ba8d295649cPost:82108bff-2e9f-482b-88ad-4c9c21c572bb">Re: POSTAGE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: POSTAGE! : So if I do that and then take them to the post office and call it a day with 65 cents on it? She said it was a small fee <strong>because it wasn't machineable</strong>, but i dont know why it isnt....all it has is a belly band on it.
    Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! (sorry i had to get that out)</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>I don't want you to make enemies with your post office like I have BUT, you could look up the rules on what's machineable and what isn't. Mine was classified the same and I put them all in the mail box with that 65 cent stamp and the only ones that had came back to me are the ones with the wrong address. </div><div>
    </div><div>Some of mine did take forever to get to the recipients but I don't think that's cause I didn't pay that extra 20 cents. </div><div>
    </div><div>If you are going to go to the post office and give it someone at the counter, you will have to pay that extra postage. I paid the extra postage for non machineable  on my international mail...</div><div>
    </div><div>Another thing I did was placed my invites under heavy books to ensure that it was smooth to the touch on the outside...</div><div>
    </div><div>Some might say why not just pay that extra 20 cents...it just PO'd me cause the first time I went to the post office no one said anything about that 20 cents and I went to a different person the second time and he told me that Bull</div><div>
    </div><div>So there's the other thing you could do...go to different post office and see if they tell you same thing. </div><div>
    </div>
    Anniversary
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    I think the bellyband might be the issue but I think you should go to anothe post office and bring them in 20 a day and ask if you can hand cancel your wedding invites yourself.

ro baby breath , stetch, shake, let it go lol
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_postage-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:9f971184-1e55-4e34-9991-3ba8d295649cPost:02111b77-c272-42bd-afbb-90da5c6ddd8e">Re: POSTAGE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the bellyband might be the issue but I think you should go to anothe post office and bring them in 20 a day and ask if you can hand cancel your wedding invites yourself. <strong>ro baby breath , stetch, shake, let it go lol</strong>
    Posted by M1ssJ[/QUOTE]

<div>LOL...all dis just reminded me of dem and dey foolishness (in my caribbean accent)</div>
    Anniversary
  • Wait. what's a hand cancel?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • football - Instead of running your invitations through the machine and getting metering on them you can ask the post office to take the stamp and do each one by hand. It helps to ensure your invites (envelopes) dont get damaged when they are run through the machine.

The stamp is the little cirle that postmarks the date and (I think) location of  the mailing
  • So what I did was I took them back to a different post office. He told me .65 cents. SO I had to go back to the original post office where I purchased them 85 cent stamps and exchange. For the $85 I spent on 100 stamps, I was able to get 120 65 cent stamps and some more postcard stamps w/ only owing 4 cents :)
    image180 Made the cut!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_postage-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:9f971184-1e55-4e34-9991-3ba8d295649cPost:c39acf61-d3cc-432c-ade5-dffcb45d89f3">Re: POSTAGE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So what I did was I took them back to a different post office. He told me .65 cents. SO I had to go back to the original post office where I purchased them 85 cent stamps and exchange. For the $85 I spent on 100 stamps, I was able to get 120 65 cent stamps and some more postcard stamps w/ only owing 4 cents :)
    Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]

<div>Glad it worked out or I would have had to take a special trip to ATL if they put you through the same mess they put me through. </div>
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards