Second Weddings

Eloping?

I have a 13yo son, FI has 11yo and 18yo daughters and 15yo son.  Second Marriage for both of us.  We'd like to get married when he and I are going to FL (without kids) to see both sets of our parents and then this summer have a celebration/reception with friends and family.  Thoughts?

Re: Eloping?

• edited December 2011
    Yup, I got my answers, thanks.
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We probably would have told you the same :)

My son was 27 when H and I married.  He did not come to the ceremony itself.  I think it was in a rather misguided show of solidarity to his father, but he said it was due to a logistical problem.  He did come to the reception and I was happy to see him there.  (There was a relationship breakdown between him and me that summer so I was pretty sure he wasn't coming at all, but I sent him an invite anyway hoping he would.)
  • edited December 2011
    This would be an ideal way to create an irreparable rift in your soon to be blended family. 
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH and I got married in FL (Key West) over 3 years ago.  We had no guests or family at the wedding, just the two of us and the officiant.  We planned on having a reception later, but just never got around to it. 

Anyway, it's very easy in FL, no waiting period for out of state couples, no pre=marriage requirements.  And only a notary is required to perform the ceremony.  No witnesses are needed either.  No muss, no fuss, as far as I'm concerned.  If you need any details about the license requirements, just let me know, although you may have already done the research. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • HI!!!  I am hoping you can help me! We want to be married in Key West. Just the two of us. On the beach during sunset.  We want simple and beautiful and laid back! Who would you recommend that we work with? Who did you use?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards