Indiana-Indianapolis

Greenfield Rehearsal Dinner Trouble

We are getting married in Greenfield and since my friends and family are from out of state, they are staying in a hotel right up the street from the venue. My future mother-in-law has decided that my fiance and I should plan the rehearsal dinner, even though she is generously paying for it. Our problem is that we can't seem to find anywhere in Greenfield to have the dinner that will fit with our budget. My fiance and I live in Fishers, so we're not all that familiar with Greenfield, but it's important to me that our out of town guests don't have to drive too far away from the hotel to attend the dinner. Does anyone know of any nice but inexpensive restaurants around Greenfield that can handle a group of 40 on a Friday night? Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Greenfield Rehearsal Dinner Trouble

• angeltennis3angeltennis3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out golf courses...some of them have great deals for Friday nights.  That's what we're doing (but on the north side)
    Tara & Eric September 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not familiar with that area (I'm in Fishers too).  Have you looked for maybe a Mexican restaurant?  That's typically inexpensive and who doesn't love a good margarita! LOL 

OR would it be an option to rent a room at the hotel (conference room) and have it catered????

OR if there is a restaurant you have in mind that is further out could you maybe do a bus rental (school bus is cheaper than limo/etc)

Also, IMO the rehearsal doesn't need to be fancy.  If the actual rehearsal taking place is at the church you could do something in the church basement or what not and do sub platters, potato salad, cookies, and punch.
  • kbaddisonkbaddison member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check with the hotel your guests are staying at, they may have a meeting/banquet room you could use. Then bring in food from a local restaurant.
  • angeltennis3angeltennis3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also think a bowling rehearsal dinner would be a blast...just some pizza and beer and a free game of bowling for everyone. 
    Tara & Eric September 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • beatlenoelbeatlenoel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Got it all figured out! It's not exactly as close as we'd like, but the place is great. Thanks everyone!  :)
  • azchkyazchky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out Miami Grill.  It's kind of a weird location, but their food is amazing and I know they could set things aside to make sure that you could all fit.  I know some people who work there...so, if you decide you're interested at all - email me at azchky@yahoo.com
  • HippieMommyHippieMommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try caregie's in the old library.  my friend had her rehersal there and it was nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards