Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

wow this throw me off -- new format

I am not sure I am a fan yet. I figured it would be more like the nest (which by the way isnt too bad) This just throws me off and seems confusing. What are your thoughts?

Re: wow this throw me off -- new format

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think this is like the nest, isn't it?  I'm pretty sure it's just a little screwy right now because there are so many boards ot move over, and so many users on all at the same time.

ETA:  Okay, I see a few differences.  And, yeah, they are weird.  FOr instance, why do we have a "1" post count when the only post there is the OPs?  That's weird....
  • Options
    Dani3679Dani3679 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, this is weird.  Hopefully it is just the transition.  I love the nest/bump boards! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow...I'm a little ashamed that I have a "G" ribbon.  I was really on the Knot that much?  Embarassed
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm really not a fan of the huge Knot TV which takes up 1/5 of my screen even when I "collapse" it. 

But I do like that I can now subsribe to the boards with my Google Reader.  and it looks like PIP will be much easier.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_wow-this-throw-off-new-format?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:b7b53041-ad82-40fe-9018-2ea403a725e1Post:bf278859-31a7-4773-a8ff-47b1c5d3c9c6">Re: wow this throw me off -- new format</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm really not a fan of the huge Knot TV which takes up 1/5 of my screen even when I "collapse" it.  But I do like that I can now subsribe to the boards with my Google Reader.  and it looks like PIP will be much easier.
    Posted by Audge.Podge[/QUOTE]

Pssst!  Just right click on the name of the board at the top of the posting screen, and select open in new tab.  That will open the boards without Knot TV.  Then you can just save that new address as one of your favorites.

hth  [:)]
  • Options
    afloggieafloggie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not a fan at all of this new format, boo. Hopefully I can get used to it
  • Options
    kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_wow-this-throw-off-new-format?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:b7b53041-ad82-40fe-9018-2ea403a725e1Post:8b8bcaaa-67a9-4c95-ba50-0fec25ef861f">Re: wow this throw me off -- new format</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow...I'm a little ashamed that I have a "G" ribbon.  I was really on the Knot that much? 
    Posted by hrparker[/QUOTE]

I know I have posted more than 300 times... but does make me feel good that its only saying that I have!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not a fan either!! It's way more confusing and cluttered..IMO!

Anniversary
  • Options
    HSchallHSchall member
    edited December 2011
    I am definately not a fan--I don't like it when websites are changed anyway for no reason and this change does not seem to be for the better.  What is the point of listing how many times you have posted?  Wouldn't that just cause people to post less rather than more defeating the whole purposes of the boards?  And I definately do not like the annoying blue boxes that just repeat prior text.  Any chance they will change it back to the old format?  Oh, and why is it now taking me 10 times longer to load the page?  Ok, I am done complaining.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

HSchall - I'm seriously L'ingOL

Maybe you can do what HR suggested above and right click the board name at the top.  That gets rid of the Knot TV which, for me, loads the page faster.  Save that as a bookmark/favorite and you can use that to come to the board in the future.

And - the "annoying blue box" only appears when someone chooses to QUOTE an earlier post (or part of a post) so that when someone is responding to something specific, people know what was said prior to the response....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you don't like the TV, you can use this interface for the Cincinnati board:

I think it overall has a more pleasant ambiance. 

Um, and I can't believe how much I've posted, I always feel bad about not posting enough because I've gotten so much help from people on this board and feel like I should pass on the wisdom. I guess never mind about not posting enough. I'm a chatterbox.
  • Options
    HSchallHSchall member
    edited December 2011
    OK, so is there anyone out that that actually likes The Knot TV?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is terrible, threads with new replies don't go bold. I'm going to miss a whole bunch of stuff. I won't know when there are new replies to be read. : (
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_wow-this-throw-off-new-format?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:b7b53041-ad82-40fe-9018-2ea403a725e1Post:a83b936a-b298-4b8c-beea-1704924adbbe">Re: wow this throw me off -- new format</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is terrible, threads with new replies don't go bold. I'm going to miss a whole bunch of stuff. I won't know when there are new replies to be read. : (
    Posted by IG.muse[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's bothering me, too.  Hope the gods take care of that soon.

And Schall, no one likes knot tv - no one except the advertisers who pay to keep this site running, that is.  It's a small (blockable ;)) price to pay for having the forms, imo.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a huge fan of this new format ether, but I'm hoping I'll get used to it. 
  • Options
    kelklumpkelklump member
    edited December 2011
    I am definately ready for it to be fixed. Atleast the tv feature is passable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just to let you know, they are working on the bold feature.  I think once everyone gets used to it, it may be better.  We now have polls, private messages (no more posting email addys!!), spell check, and some other great features.  I'm still getting used to it as well, but I don't think it will take too long.  Everyone hated the nest when it switched too, but not too many complaints now!

Thanks for your patience while the bugs are worked out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's also not sorting by newest reply.  I have that box checked but it's def not in order that way on my screen.  Suggestions?  Or just a bug?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hate, hate, HATE it.  Having the top half of the screen shoved in my face isn't my idea of user friendly or polite advertising.  If it' stays like this, I'm definitely going to have to reconsider my visits.  Did I mention how much I HATE it??? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel like an idiot trying to navigate!  I'm off the boards for a few days and everything changes! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do not like it either!  I don't find it as user friendly, my Mac pops up a "safari can't find the plug" window EVERYTIME I click on anything, and my ticker and bridal canvas did not transfer over and I can not get them to show up again!  :-(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you so much!!! the knot tv was making it nearly impossible to use the discussion board (felt like i was back in the days of dialup - i would go grab coffee while i waited for each page to load). Much better now!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards