• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Illinois-Chicago

11/18/11 Reviews

My wedding was this past weekend, and almost everything was perfect!!

Banquet Hall: Georgio's in Orland Park
The actual wedding I will give an A for. They set up everything beautifully, had great food, and a great time. The actual process leading up to the wedding wasn't great though. They originally told us our minimum could be 125 if we didn't have 150 guests. Come time to give the final count, they would not give us the 125 minimum. I know it is our fault for not making sure it was in the contract, but they wouldn't do ANYTHING to accomodate for us, not even meet us halfway.

Officiant: Rev on The Run: A
The ceremony was beautiful! Larry Mandel was our officiant, and he was great. They customize your ceremony and tell a story about how you met, and things you like about each other, etc. That part was awesome! It had us laughing the whole time. For a REALLY good price, they do everything you need.

Photographer: The Pros: Robert G.....A
I was very worried about The Pros after reading so many negative reviews on here. I booked them before I was on the knot. However, I think Robert did a fantastic job. He was not too pushy and got all the pictures we wanted. He took lots of pictures, and I think they all turned out great! The only hard part was not being able to talk to him until a few days before the wedding. Even so, everything turned out great.

DJ: The Pros: Jeff W.......A
Again, The Pros were worrying me a little bit, but Jeff turned out to be excellent. He did the music for both our ceremony and reception. I gave him a list of songs to play, but not everything. He chose other songs throughout the night that were perfect.

Videographer: SureShot Productions: Bea Goodman
Since our wedding was just a few days ago, we don't have the video yet, so I can't really give an accurate grade. During the wedding, I thought she was very nice, stayed out of the way and I really didn't even notice she was filming the whole time. So far, so good!

Florist...Flower Hill in Burbank....A+
I absolutely LOVED my bouquet. It was gorgeous and everything I wanted. She did such a great job incorporating all my colors (red, silver, white) with some bling pieces in the bouquet. The bridesmaid bouquets, and boutonnieres were great. She did an arch for our ceremony, the unity candle, and some other floral arrangements. I loved them all!

Limo...Empire Limousine....B-
The great thing about them is they upgraded us to a stretch SUV for free. The limo itself was just ok I thought. He was late picking me up to go to the reception (about a half an hour late) Luckily, we got there in time, but maybe a phone call to tell us he was running late would have been nice.

Eva's Bridal in Orland Park....D-
Please please don't get your dress from here. They were HORRIBLE. The actual dress selection was fine, loved my dress! It was 2 months late arriving. I was told 6 months, it came in 8. Now, alterations was just terrible! They never did what they told me they were going to do. I had 5 fittings mainly because each time I came in they didn't do their work. There is much more to this, but that could be a different post for a different time!

All in all, It was a really great wedding with minor glitches! Hope this helps! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 11/18/11 Reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards