Texas-Austin
Options

Vendor Reviews! - July 23rd...finally!

Venue:  Saengerrunde Hall - A+
They have a giant dance floor, beautiful bar, traditional banquet tables (which I was looking for) and almost zero regulations/fees.  The venue is the oldest banquet facility in Texas and has a TON of history to the building and organization.  $1200 was the perfect price too.  AND there is a small bowling alley attached to the back.  They groom and groomsmen got ready back there... very cool.  I was the coolest bride ever.  :)

Photographer:  Number 9 Photography  A+
I was looking for a photographer with a creative eye.  I am an artist and did not want stock photos, but somthing artistic that I can hang on my wall for years.  I think Charlotte and Jamie did an outstanding job.  They also were VERY enthusiastic about my plans and vision.  I highly recommend them!

Flowers:  Central Market: A-
Donna at the Central, Central Market did a beautiful job.  I only had a few small issues with the order.  My flowers were the only ones to have peach, but my bridesmaid's bouquets ended up being exactly like mine.  Also in general conversation, she was a bit snippy with me.  It annoyed me, since I was being nice. But the price was really affordable compared to other places.

Catering:  Scholz Garten: A
We picked Scholz mostly because they were next door to our venue and offered traditional BBQ packages at a descent price.  I figured if we ran out of food, or had a food disaster, there would be an easier fix.  When I tried the food at the restaurant, I felt that the brisket was a little dry, but the BBQ sauce made it really good.  I was very pleasantly surprised at the wedding that the brisket was perfectly moist.  Yay!  They really worked with me about set up and having vegetarian and kids meals at seperate stations for buffet.  There only draw back is they cannot accomodate a sit down dinner.  We probably would have opted for it.

Rental: Primiere Party Central: A
They had everything that I needed, and was able to deliver and pick up on time.  I really was hands off in dealing with them day of the wedding, but they were able to change my order after the deadline without any issue.  Everything did look great.

Band: Texas T's : A++
We had hoped to get my sister's wedding band, HAYWIRE, but they disbanded.  Luckily, many of the members reformed creating the Texas T's.  They were able to play the traditional polish-texan Grand March (Under the Double Eagle) for us.  They play classic rock and country and sticked to my suggestion of only classic and good old Country songs.  I hate modern country radio. They were an awesome band. 

Party Favors:  Tiff's Treat's A+
We bought 15 dozen YUMMY snickerdoodles and placed them in our own favor bags.  The cookies were awesome.

Bar Service: Austin Personal Bartenders B-
We stocked the bar ourselves and hired two bartenders and one security guard.  Bar service was smooth, and everyone had everything that they needed.  My concerns were that they specialty drink that I chose was a vodka lemonade.  They mixed the lemonade so weak that it tasted like water, and they drink had little vodka in it.  We had containers and containers of left over lemonade and vodka after the wedding.  It had nothing to do with running out.  Also, my parents prepaid their tip so that we wouldn't have to put out a tip jar and ask our guests for tips.  They put the jar out at least once and my mom had to ask them to put it away.

Going away: Metrocycle Pedicabs A
It cost $100 to reserve the "Just Married" pedi cab, but the pictures are awesome!
And very Austin-y

Hair and Make-up: Beauty by April  A
I thought they did a great job.  A few of my bridesmaid's with short hair combed out the boufant-ness a bit when they left.  But, I loved my hair and makeup!  She came out to our hotel and did 6 of us.  Very professional!

Alterations: Alfred Angelo (Southpark Meadows): C+
The lady did not know how to bustle my dress.  I kept having to describe how to bustle the french bustle on MY style of dress.  I said many times that I was going to dance all night and needed the dress hemmed accordingly.  She started to pin it too long for me to even walk. She went back repined it a bit higher.  I reminded her that I needed it off the floor enough to dance.  She said, yes, it will be perfect. She did add a beautiful sweetheart neckline to my dress, but  It was still too long to dance.  and too late to fix it.  I was out of time.  ;(

Cakes: Central Market (South) A+
My advice... don't use two different Central Markets to do flowers and cakes. Stick with one. But, I was planning a wedding in 5 months and needed to get on their calander and that's how it worked out.  We used them for appetizers as well.  Apps were great as far as I could tell.   The cakes were PERFECT!  Yummy and great!   They don't do fondant, but I hate fondant and wanted buttercream anyway. 

Re: Vendor Reviews! - July 23rd...finally!

• Options
    gwta78703gwta78703 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting these reviews! Sounds like your day was a success!

Those cakes are GORGEOUS! Hard to believe they came from a grocery store. I hope they tasted as good as they looked!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can i ask you how big your cake was. My friend just got married and used central market for her cake too. the cake seemed exttra tiny and i dont think they were expecting that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards