New Jersey - South

GIve me your best advice.

Hey Knotties,

I am back with a question for the magazine. Tell me:

What is your best wedding tip or secret? We want secrets from our Knotties that you might tell a new bride and something that they might not find anywhere else. Maybe it’s to choose wedding colors that you’ll love in your home so that you can repurpose some of your wedding décor. Or maybe it’s to join the message boards!

Spill your best secrets below and thanks in advance. Your advice is always priceless!

Knot Annie

Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: GIve me your best advice.

• edited December 2011
    Look into having your wedding during the day versus the evening.  Our venue was $50 a person cheaper to have our reception go from 12-5 in the afternoon versus having it from 6-11 in the evening.  Afterwards we met all of our friends at a lounge for drinks and it gave us a chance to actually talk to them.  We never would have been able to do this if we had a morning wedding. 
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Put your guests needs before your own.  We skipped a photographer in order to hire vans to drive our OOT guests (which were all but 4 of our guests) from their Philadelphia downtown hotel to the wedding at a West Chester B&B and then back again.  We didn't miss the photographer and loved seeing everyone relaxed, happy and enjoying themselves without worrying about driving the 45 minutes back to the hotel.  Everyone had a camera and sent us CDs of the pictures they took so we had more than a thousand shots to choose from for our album.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • edited December 2011
    Remove the phrase "it's my day" or any variation of it from your mind.  Plan your wedding with the comfort and enjoyment of all of your guests in mind, and you'll have a wedding to remember.  Plan your wedding with the comfort and enjoyment of only yourself and your fiance in mind, and your wedding will be remembered for all the wrong reasons. 
  • rmyers9983rmyers9983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dont jump to any decisions.  Even if the venue is telling you they will get booked.  Look around as much as possible, and get others opinions.  As many opinions as possible.  You don't have to take everyone's advice, but it is always good to weight out others opinions, and in the end make the decision you want.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards