Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

DJs and Lighting

Hi!

I'm spending about 2000 for DJ and lighting. They are a well established company and I thought this cuold be our wedding splurge, but could this be too much for a wedding? I just need some different perspectives.

Snarky answers not welcome about spending, so just be honest without being rude. Its easier than most people think.

_

Re: DJs and Lighting

• Options
    jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_djs-and-lighting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:34e48e85-09ff-42d4-82d2-c76cb7882b46Post:eae8ce21-2f68-4684-9128-ee31a755fdb2">DJs and Lighting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I'm spending about 2000 for DJ and lighting. They are a well established company and I thought this cuold be our wedding splurge, but could this be too much for a wedding? I just need some different perspectives. <strong>Snarky answers not welcome about spending, so just be honest without being rude. Its easier than most people think.</strong> _
    Posted by adreliana[/QUOTE]

<div>Honestly, it's considered poor form to come onto an international message board and tell people how to post.  I've been mod of this board for a while and have yet to see anyone comment on spending.  Have you gotten "rude" answers elsewhere?</div><div>
    </div><div>DJ pricing varies greatly by area, so you should come over to the NJ board (links to the left under Local Wedding Boards) and ask your question there.  Let me caution you not to add your last sentence if you want to get the feedback you desire.  </div><div>
    </div><div>And to answer your question, as an NJ bride, I paid $2000 for DJ and dance floor lighting in a combined package.  My husband and I felt we got the best deal and quality that our budget allowed. I had no interest in uplighting.  </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards